Zoo Crew Cages Through The Ages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I promised to as you questions about materials that you use in your buns setups; I'll do sopiecemeal (sorry!), since it'seasier to slowly view your photos and ask a question as it arises.

Can you tell me what specific material is used as a grate in the litter box shown? We have a flourescent light grid in our large boy's box, but the hole openings would be much too large for Mini Rex feet. What you're using definitely has tiny openings and looks more promising.

Thanks,

Jenk

JadeIcing wrote:
100_6068.jpg

What material is at the very bottom of this cage? Also,does it have good bunny traction, and is it a completely flat/smooth surface?

I'm worried about any surface that bunny teeth can grab. Case in point: Last night, we let our girls play on our new (low-pile) dining room rug. After a short while, our mosttrustworthy girl started digging at and biting on it. (Of course, we were supervising them, so that behavior didn't fly. :))

JadeIcing wrote:

This I gotta ask: How do you make clean-up of your buns' flooring faster/easier when using blankets, sheets, etc., on the floor?

Besides the idea of our crew eating fabric, my hubby's adverse to putting fabric on the floors because it must be washed/replaced frequently. (The washing part would fall on me. :() He's not keen on the idea of having to stretch/smooth out the fabric each time and lifting x-pen/NIC-panel walls to put the edges beneath them.

JadeIcing wrote:

What solid material do you have on the middle level? It looks rather slick. Is it?

I ask because, as you know, I'm seeking a material that isn't chewable but would allow our buns the option of doing binkies and running when not being observed by us humans.

JadeIcing wrote:

It is a craft thingy the one you put peices of yarn through to make pictures. Can not recall the name.

Jenk wrote:
I promised to as you questions about materials that you use in your buns setups; I'll do sopiecemeal (sorry!), since it'seasier to slowly view your photos and ask a question as it arises.

Can you tell me what specific material is used as a grate in the litter box shown? We have a flourescent light grid in our large boy's box, but the hole openings would be much too large for Mini Rex feet. What you're using definitely has tiny openings and looks more promising.

Thanks,

Jenk

JadeIcing wrote:

That is a carpet but under which I did use and worked is the mats that go on carpet to give traction to rolling desk chairs. They can be alittle expensive but worked great.

Jenk wrote:
What material is at the very bottom of this cage? Also,does it have good bunny traction, and is it a completely flat/smooth surface?

I'm worried about any surface that bunny teeth can grab. Case in point: Last night, we let our girls play on our new (low-pile) dining room rug. After a short while, our mosttrustworthy girl started digging at and biting on it. (Of course, we were supervising them, so that behavior didn't fly. :))

JadeIcing wrote:

We no longer use sheets but when we did we both cleaned up moving cages, and so on. It also depends on the bunnies, some require very little clean up while others require a LOT of clean up.

Jenk wrote:
This I gotta ask: How do you make clean-up of your buns' flooring faster/easier when using blankets, sheets, etc., on the floor?

Besides the idea of our crew eating fabric, my hubby's adverse to putting fabric on the floors because it must be washed/replaced frequently. (The washing part would fall on me. :() He's not keen on the idea of having to stretch/smooth out the fabric each time and lifting x-pen/NIC-panel walls to put the edges beneath them.

JadeIcing wrote:

I got that at work. It is the plastice material that is used for the billboards. EX: Clothing billboards, Music and Movie signs in electronics. (I work at Target.)

Jenk wrote:
What solid material do you have on the middle level? It looks rather slick. Is it?

I ask because, as you know, I'm seeking a material that isn't chewable but would allow our buns the option of doing binkies and running when not being observed by us humans.

JadeIcing wrote:

Ahhh...I'd hoped that that wasn't the case. See, Zoe would chew anything like that, since it would be easy enough for her to raise up to chew.

Do you just lay it directly over the litter, or do you have it resting on top of some other barrier that keeps it distanced from the litter below?

JadeIcing wrote:
It is a craft thingy the one you put peices of yarn through to make pictures. Can not recall the name.

Jenk wrote:

JadeIcing wrote:

JadeIcing wrote:
I haven't bought the clothes. :p

Okay, so I'm not AS jealous....but still jealous. I love those Leith cages. I bet my Dad could make one for me for less then $100, though. Aren't those cages $300 new from Leith?

Latest posts

Back