Zeke's got balls!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aurora369

Reaction score
I just got my babies back today fromSAS, and I was giving them the once over... and... I flipped Zeke overand found his fully intake package! Two very good sized testcles.

No wonder he's been spraying and humping like crazy!

The vet never said anything about having problems with finding the testicles when I took them in to get snipped.

I'm worried that the other boys weren't done either, and that we'llhave a massive problem on our hands... As I didn't seperate the fostersby sex because the boys where supposed to be neutered. But Italked with Lisa, SARS co-ordinator, and we're just going to have toget them all in to the vets to get fixed ASAP, to ensure no babies arecoming.

AHHHH!!! Not a happy camper here!

--Dawn

I don't know what they did! When Ipicked up the mom and the three boys from the office, they didn'tmention anything about not doing surgury or not being able to find thetestcles...

Lisa is calling vets office to arrange for appointments ASAP.Then I'll have to get Zeke in possibly tomorrow. The othersare still in Chilliwack (about 2 hours away from me), with the bunnysitter as I haven't been able to pick them yet.

I still have to speak with the bunny sitter to figure out when I canget my fosters back, as she's now working on week ends and that's theonly time I have a car... And they are all going to have togo to the vets to get speutered asap. I really hope the otherboys where neutered or that the girls aren't fertile yet but at 4.5months they probably are....

--Dawn

So, we got a hold of the vet's office, and they are 100% not neutered.

They where a bit too young to be done, but instead of telling me thatwhen I picked them up, they didn't. So I assumed they hadbeen done, and put the boys back with their sisters.

And now we potentially have 5 pregnant girls on our hands.

We are trying to make arrangements to get all the fosters into the vetsas soon as possible. It will probably be at the end of theweek.

--Dawn

OMG Dawn!!!

Seriously, someone needs to have a little chat with this vet. Does herealize the problems he has possibly caused?! As if rabbitoverpopulation isnt already a problem! Yikes.

I cannot believe they didnt tell you!

And another thought...all sorelle's girlie bunnies are spayed, right? :shock:

Wow- I would be soooooo po'd! I woulddefintely put that vet's office in their place, and hopefully there arecustomers in the lobby when you talk to them.:X

I would be contacting your local vetrinary athority. That is cmpletly unacceptable. I assume you paid for the surgery.

Wow.

Just...wow.

:growl:

I would demand that the neuters be free of charge (or at leastgreatly discounted). What they did was unacceptable :mad:

aurora369 wrote:
I just got my babies back today from SAS, and I wasgiving them the once over... and... I flipped Zeke over and found hisfully intake package! Two very good sized testcles.

--Dawn

SAS! What were you feeding those rabbits ?????????????????

:roflmao:

Pam

Yes all of SAS's rabbits are spayed/neutered, but unfortuantly, Zeke's sisters are not.

So when I took the three boys home after their "neuter", I put themback with the girls as they weren't supposed to be able to do anydamage.

Now we potentially have 5 pregnant girls.

But they will be going in the beginning of next week to all getspayed/neutered before anything can progress very far. Andthere is the possibility that the girls aren't fertile yet.

The vets clinic that does the spays/neuters for SARS is normally verygood. I've had Wildfire done there, and my other litter offosters. I'm sure it was a simple miscommunication on theirpart, but it certainly creates large problems on our end. Thespays/neuters are already done at a reduced rescue rate for the SARSbunnies, so I don't know what else will be offered.

We're getting it sorted out, but it's a huge pain in the butt.

--Dawn

:shock: They didn't even mention that he had notbeen neutered? Did you still pay for the 'operation'? That is just ...Wow. :shock:

I would have been so angry :growl: They could be responsible for 30 newbaby bunnies, maybe more if they're all pregnant. You should get a fullrefund for that, or at least majorly discounted, as m.e. said.

Did they do any sort of operation? Or did he just spend the day there doing nothing? That is just unacceptable.

Rachel.

aurora369 wrote:
So, we got a hold of the vet's office, and they are 100% not neutered.
:scared::thud:

pamnock wrote:
SAS was caring for the boys and they came home with extra "luggage".

Yeah, like I packed it? :biggrin:

For a journalist, I'm sure not very observant!
noevil.gif
(I did sorta notice a lot of ... uh...something.. But then again, beingexcruciatingly polite, I didn't poke around or stare).:blushan:

That does explain why I'm still wiping the spray off the walls, floors,furniture, laundry andcats.
swear.gif
(I think I got it all off my person, now).Whoevergoofed on the miscue should comeover and helphosedown my house!

At least I probablygot away luckier than poor Baxter, he was one goopy bunny all the time he was here. :yuck

And don't be too hard on the vet, Zeke was a foster bunny, it's quitepossiblesomebody at the rescue org was informed, even if itwas byvia the invoice info, but with the volumeofbunniescoming and going for spays and neuters, quite easy togetlost in theshuffle.
tiredsmiley.gif

Funny, I was just telling somebody how easy Zeke's neuter was, heacted like he didn't feel a thing! :lol

Anyhoo, sorry you have to go through this hassle, but I'm sure the SARSpeople will handle it. Julia or whoever all seem very willingto jump right in when there's a problem.

I just hope the spays aren't too hard on the girlsnow. :(

If you need anything, let me know.

sas :) and the gang of FIVE:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

(well, six countingGeorge
expert.gif
who's still obsessing over Baxter).

Coming back to this with a cooler head ;)

I can see how the miscommunication would have happened. Vet determinesthat boys are too young for surgery, notes it on chart. Tech noteschart when discharging the boys, but probably forgets to tellreceptionist. We run scenarios like this a lot at the hospital, becauseunfortunately, things happen :dunno

Latest posts

Back