Zamboni is fearless!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tort

Reaction score
OK I have a bunny that isn't scared of anything; and that is really putting it lightly. He is the only "pray animal" in the house and he is actually the top dog. He will chase the cats and wrestle with the ferrets, but that's not what really amazes me.

I line the bottom of Zamboni's and the ferrets cage with carpet mats that are cut to size. These are the same mats that business's use in their entryways. I remove the mats from the cages when I clean them and vacuum the mats every other day and replace them every other cleaning.

WhenI vacuumZamboniwill not move from his mat while I vacuum it. Every time I shoo him away he just runs a tight circle and ends up back on the mat. I removed the hose attachment and held it by him and he just sits there. I decided to put one of the brush attachments on next thinking that if he could feel it on his back he would move. No such luck he actually laid down and allowed me to vacuum his butt and back.

The cats and ferrets head for whatever hiding place they can find when they even see me getting the vacuum out. Has anyone else ever had there bunny do this or is mine just the odd one of the bunch?

Hehe...most of my bunnies don't actually mind the vacuum cleaner....Zak actually bites the end of it when i'm vacuuming and he keeps moving it with his teeth therefor making it hard for me to vacuum when i'm near himbecause he keeps grabbing itand he won't move either..i have to vacuum around him lol.

Oh and i didn't know that bunnies and ferrets actually got along with each other...that's just amazing :shock:

Cheryl

They actually sell animal grooming attachments for some vacuums. One of my friends has them for her dog. My rabbitswouldn't stand for it but sounds like Zamboni wouldn't mind. :)

My bunnies are kind of a mix. Pipkin is enamored of the vacuum cleaner. He always wants to help. Gingivere is curious, Emmaline couldn't care less, and Captain Snow is TERRIFIED!!!

Oh, and all of our kitties definitely know that the bunnies are in charge. While Gingi is the only one who chases and attacks them, they choose to stay out of the path of anybunny coming their way. :p

Edited to add: I ADORE the name Zamboni! Too cool.

In reply to Cheryl; Zamboni and Nicky our first ferret have actually bonded.lol And he is protective of Koko; our baby ferret; if Nicky gets too rough playing with her. It's funny to see them all lounging together.

Last night Koko and Zamboni were nose to nose and Koko was going to town licking his nose. It always seems like whenever there is a "Kodak Moment" I never have a camera!lol

Heh, my rabbit Skye fears nothing. I have a hard time getting her out of the way when I want to vacuum. Ronnie, on the other hand, hates the vacuum cleaner. Skye also like the dog, and Ronnie is scared of her, but they both will put the dog in it's place when needed. Poor dog. Skye rules the house here.

tort wrote:
In reply to Cheryl; Zamboni and Nicky our first ferret have actually bonded.lol And he is protective of Koko; our baby ferret; if Nicky gets too rough playing with her. It's funny to see them all lounging together.

That is just amazing...i think you must really try to get a picture of them together...i would really love to see them together...that is just awesome :)

Cheryl

I'm working on that but my fuzz butt's knocked the camera off the end table and it kinda broke.lol Not to sure Zamboni wasn't in on it. My girlfriend is kind of a picture hound. I'll have her down load some of the pics she has off of her computer onto mine so I can get them posted.

Latest posts

Back