Yummy hay for cheap in Wollongong!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kizza

Reaction score
Hi there my fellow bunny lovers! I live in Wollongong (Towradgi) and I went to get some hay as usual from Poplar Pet Produce at Kembla grange as usually the guy there will just fill a bag or two with meadow hay as i don't have a horse, I have a bunny lol

I went there yesterday to get more and the kid working there refused to do it as he said it was a waste and that he would only sell me a bale!

So, as I have mass amounts of the stuff, if anyone lives in Wollongong and would like to pick some up I will fill up a big bag for you for like $4 :)

It's a shame I don't know more bunny people around here we could have split it :( what crappy customer service!

I even got a bit uppity and said why don't you just bag what i don't take and sell it to bunny owners, he said they all buy lucerne hay! tha'ts terrible :(

If no one wants any I might donate some to the RSPCA :)

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. It's a little far for me to come to get some, or I would. lol.
This kid can't be the boss, so there should be some way to complain.

As long as you can store it safely, I would keep it. You will use it and hay doesn't really good bad unless it gets wet or wasn't that good to start with.

You could also keep a fair bit, like enough to last several months, then donate the rest if you can't store it all.

I think i will get some vacuum seal bags and seal the hay in them and keep it. It is very hard to get hay that is good for bunnies in my area (most people just feed them lucerne hay or carrots and lettuce as a staple) so I thought that I would encourage people to take some for their bunnies.

From what I have seen in my area a lot of people have no idea how to care for rabbits and it is upsetting. So if people would like to come get some hay from me I would rather they do this than feed their bunny a staple of carrots :S

And also the RSPCA here is very under resourced and not in the best shape so I thought I could at least give them proper food for the rabbits :)

Latest posts

Back