You're not gonna believe this...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
I'm bringing home my first little boy bunny on Sunday!

His current name is Twinkle, and he was saved from certain death, if only from fear just recently, and given such a short time to live. This desperate plea was posted about him, Haley showed me the thread, and I took one look and KNEW he was meant for us!

So, I called Auntie Heather at the Rabbit Haven, and asked about him, seeing if I could even get him here (given that he's about a five hours' drive from us), and she said that they'd be more than willing to meet me halfway, which was PERFECT!!

So, we worked out that Sunday would be the most convenient for us!

It never fails to amaze me when a bunny just calls out to me...I've never seen his sweet face in person, but felt like he was meant to be a part of our family!

I can't wait to see my boy...I've got all these girls...and have NO CLUE what it's like to have a boy! So, this will be really great!

So, keep prayers going for us. Three days isn't very long to plan for adding a bun to the family...but we'll do it...with lots of patience and tons of love!

Also...keep prayers going for him. Auntie Heather mentioned to me on the phone that he's been in survival mode for so long that he's just now barely getting the guts to look people in the eye...and seems so tired and worn out from his ordeal, and has about a lb of weight to gain, as he's seriously malnourished. I hope he does okay with the drive...he'll have already travelled about two hours at the halfway point...and then another two to get home. He'll get the most comfy accomodations...blankies galore...more hay than he can fathom, lots of water...and more love than he ever thought he'd get...and all that in just his FIRST DAY!! :D

We're thinking of renaming him Buster, but as some of you know, I have a habit of waiting and listening for my buns to tell me their preferred name. :)

So...without further ado...the pictures I have of my baby boy so far:

The picture that made me fall in love with him...

3.jpg
3.jpg

Poor boy looks so scared, doesn't he? :(

1.jpg
1.jpg

Heather said that he keeps this eye half-closed all the time. He has an old injury to the eye (pic below), but she said that he seems to keep it closed kind of as a wincing/fearful type of thing. Hopefully he'll be okay with time...

5.jpg
5.jpg

Doesn't he look so upset here? My poor sweetheart...:( I think they had just cleaned him, or some such...

4.jpg
4.jpg

Heather said that he has an old, healed eye injury that may need eye drops every now and then. Here's a picture of it:

2.jpg
2.jpg

Rosie thats brilliant what a sad story:(but we all know he is gonna have a wonderful home with you and with some TLC i am sure he will soon be binkying like mad and chatting up the ladies:D

I can't wait til he is home with you all nice and comfy! And of course, you will have to post a million pics ;)He's had a pretty sad life tilnow so I really am happy that he will get to see the other side of what life has to offer. :)

Oh, I can't wait to get him all comfy in his new home...and I can't wait to coo at him all the way home. I hope to give him the life he never thought possible...it'll take him some time to get used to being so spoiled, I'm sure!

I intend to overwhelm him with toys, love, food, water, safety, and a really wonderful place to call home. :D

Hahaaa!! You think I don't know what you're doin' there...but I DO!!

:ponder::scared::shame:eek:hnoyoudidnt::hyper:

Pet_Bunny wrote:
I think he is going to be overwhelmed by all the females there. You better send him here, where there's only Pebbles and Bebe.

Oh this is such wonderful news. I read this yesterday and wished and wished that he would find someone special - my wishes have obviously been answered.

He does look a little sad in his photo but he has had a rough life. He'll be fine during the car journey because he knows he's coming home to a good life and his wives!

More photos soon purlease x

Aww...thanks, Rabb1tmad!! :D

Yer so sweet...

And don't worry, I'll get MANY pictures as soon as I see that he doesn't mind, or that it doesn't scare him. :)

Actually, our eventual plan (once everyone's altered) is to have one big ol' herd. I've been to BunnyLuv several times, and they always tell me it's easier to bond a big group than single pairs...so I thought we would wait and do all at once. :D

I can't wait!!

:biggrin2:

I just made a big decision...and came up with the final name for my sweet boy...

FIVER :)

The name comes from Watership Down, which is a WONDERFUL bunny tale I recommend to ALL bunny lovers to read.

While I was reading the book, Fiver was my favorite character. And my sweet boy is so brave and small (like Fiver), and with Fiver being the fifth in his litter, and the smallest...how perfect! MY Fiver will be the fifth in the herd...and he's my first buck...and he's brave, despite his size, JUST LIKE THE CHARACTER!!

So...there ya go...he has officially been deemed Fiver. :D

For anyone that hasn't read the book...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiver_(Watership_Down)

Oooh, cool pic! I have thought about trying something like that with my bunnies when I have their building all done, but what if someone adopted one or more? Wouldn't they grieve? Or would it be easier with the big group like that?

I've been told (by BunnyLuv and their wonderful bonding experts) that it's actually really easy to add one more to a group that size, or I would guess of over four bunnies. One lady said the more bunnies in a group, the easier it is to introduce more. :)

maherwoman wrote:
One lady said the more bunnies in a group, the easier it is to introduce more. :)
Hey, I've always said that, too!

Once you're into 'warren' status, it's a LOT easier! (I think Sherry has almost given up, she stopped going nuts after bunnies 9, 10 and 11 arrived).;)

Congrats on Fiver, that is SO awesome! :hugsquish: Made my day!

sas :nod

Latest posts

Back