Your Rabbitry Pics

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishbunny

Reaction score
Hey guys, any chance I could see some detailed pics of your rabbitry? I'm trying to get my dad to build me a shed for my bunnies, I'd love to see yours! :)

Are you wanting a rabbitry? Or a shed that can be converted for your buns to live in? I just ask because those are two very different things, and if you want them to live in a shed with a few conversions it might be worth checking out some of the photo phile threads (if there is one that has sheds on it), or maybe asked elsewhere :)

You should check out Polly's set-up. Very lovely... her pictures are here. She has a lot of "bunny friendly"features I'd like to incorporate if I ever get to build a new building.

Unfortunately I think my digital pics died with my computer. I will try to describe to you what I used and how I think it needs revised:

Single row cages- two rows deep:

I had one row of cages aligned against a wall. Underneath this top row was a slanted gutter. We used corrogated roofing to collect all dropings and direct them back into a piece of gutter. This gutter was angled from beginning of the row to the end where it would empty into a wheelbarrow.

Problems: Hay would get stuck! If you did not spray this out EVERYDAY with the hose the hay would build up and you would have to scrape it out.

The bottom row of this simply had drop pans that would need cleaned.

Double row (back to back) cages, two rows deep:

The same idea with the gutters only we used smooth steal instead of corrogated roofing which kept the gutter from building up with hair and hay. Also, the bottom row had the same gutter system instead of drop pans. The gutters exited the building into a holding tank out back.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH RISE/RUN IN THE GUTTER! IF NOT- IT'S A MESS!

Problems- takes time to clean but not near as much as individual drop pans.

irishbunny wrote:
Hey guys, any chance I could see some detailed pics of your rabbitry? I'm trying to get my dad to build me a shed for my bunnies, I'd love to see yours! :)

I was actually going to post this too, lol. I will post my new pictures tomorrow when I take them...until then, here are the old ones (still very much similar to how it is now, just with more cages ;) and the rabbits are moved around in different cages)

ChunkyBunniesSetup013.jpg
Looking out the doorway. The rabbitry yard is to the right, (you can't see it); but it has the exercise pens and a jumping course)

ChunkyBunniesSetup012.jpg
Right side of the shed...right when you walk in the doors this is what you see.

ChunkyBunniesSetup011.jpg
Feed & Grooming area.

ChunkyBunniesSetup010.jpg
The left side of the shed.

ChunkyBunniesSetup008.jpg
From outside the door.

ChunkyBunniesSetup009.jpg
What you see to the left when you walk in.

BunniesJuly4th015.jpg
Exercise set-up. It's different now. We've had to move pens and add pens as well.

Emily

Back