young male rabbit "goolie" question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyshuman

Reaction score
[align=left]This weekend, my boyfriend adopted this rabbit:
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10716235
IN361.10716235-1-pn.jpg

He is definitely a male and definitely not neutered. However, when we flipped him over to check toenails, scent glands, for the presence of testicles, it first looked like he had empty sacs where testicles would be. Later, he started molesting my bunnies (a neutered male and a spayed female, bonded pair) and I when picked him up to take him away from them, his testicles looked like testicles (not empty sacs). Have you heard of them "hiding" or retracting into the body at times? We're not sure how old the bunny is, but we think he's pretty young. He does have a check-up appt with the vet one week from today, and hopefully can be neutered the next day, but in your opinion, are his testicles fully descended? Will we need to wait to neuter him until they stop playing "peek-a-boo"?

I want to give this cutie free run of my apartment, but WILL NOT be able to do this until he's neutered! He needs to learn how to get along with my bunnies first!! Please let me know what you think...
[/align]

Yep they can pull em up if they want to!! sounds like he is fully grown down there and was just shy when you turned him over :pThey should be able to neuter him fine

Thanks guys!! What a relief to know that we don't have to wait long for the neuter! Benjamin is a little cuddle bug (of course, that may change when he's neutered), and we love to sit with him and cuddle on the couch. Problem is, the other bunnies don't like his behavior, so we have to keep them separated. :?

Latest posts

Back