You know you love your pets when you........

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When even though it makes you feel very sad and can't afford to, you board your cat at the vet's so that he can get his meds for cholangiohepatitis, since he is not letting you do it at all. He has to get them to get better..:sigh:

Eileen, I hope Kitty is doing ok.

We spend more on the animals' health than we do our own sometimes!

seniorcats wrote:
You konw you love your bunnies when you go to 2 different grocery stores to get just the right greens.
LOL....

You know you love your bunnies when you go to 3 or 4 shops to get the right veggies!!

Also:

When you are gutted, but sort of secretly relieved that you aren't going on holiday anymore as it means you wont have to leave the bunnies for a whole week

When you put off doing other things that you need to because it's a nice day and the bunnies need to have a run round the garden

When you buy a special bin just to recycle their waste, and find that over a course of a week, the buns rubbish bin is more full than the human's rubbish bin!

And more that I can't think of right now...

Your camera phone has no pictures of the kids but is FULL of goat,kitten, horse, dog and bunny pics!

You know you love yourcat when you let him sleep on your pillow wrapped around your head, lyingon your hair so tight that you can't move the entire night until he/she moves! :)

That's true love!

I'm guilty of most of these too! Paul and I have conversations with the rabbits, usually he does the bunny voices. Rory always has something negative to say!

You know you love your bunny when he digs in his litter box, spraying dirty litter and poop 6 feet across the living room carpet, but you pick him up and kiss him telling him what a good boy he is anyway.

We have a neighbor girl who used to take hold of her lambs' lips on the sides of their mouthsand move them when they "talked" LOL!

Steve will have conversations with the rabbits. But like, proper full-on conversations with them. He'll say as he's going to the shops 'Snowy, do you want anything from the shop? No, you can't have Guinness. Ok, I'll look for some apples. You're in charge, be good!' :?

In fact, the other day I can't remember where we were, but he said 'Chalk said the nicest thing earlier!' I cracked up laughing, and asked what it was. Apparently she said that she had a really nice breakfast, and that she loves us.....

:craziness

And he says I'M crazy for being on a bunny forum?!! :shock:

You know you love your dog when you tolerate being pinned in bed because she is laying between your legs, on top of the covers, so you can't roll over. Sadly, she's at the rainbow bridge. I keep thinking back to what a butt she was at night (when she would sleep in my room).

OR

You know you love your cockatiels when they have their own television and get to watch Animal Planet all day on it. Those are my mom's birds, not mine. Every morning, they have to come downstairs with her, steal a piece of her cereal, and drink some of her orange juice. Then, they ride around on her shoulders when she walks around the house and cleans. Once they are put back "in" their cage, the TV is turned on and tuned into Animal Planet. Their cage is always open (except at night) and they can climb all over it, sit by the TV, sit by the window, etc.

When your friends/family get jealous of you always giving the animals a goodbye/good morning cuddle but never them :shock: (done it!)

When they wake you up in the morning and all you think is how nice it really is to have a dog/cat/rabbit wake you up, yet when people do it you kick them out of the room and go back to sleep (done it)

You are always obsessing over the salad/veggie/fruit aisle in shops looking for deals and new things to buy for them (done it)

Back