You know you love your pets when you........

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
You know you love your pets when you .... wake up in the night with your hand on a wet and slimeyrawhide donut, and only wipe your hand on the dog and talk to her about how much she likes her new chewy bone.

:?

...when you can't even cuddle your SO because your dog wants to sleep in between you for the warmth.
....when you wake up at 6:30 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday because your kitty screams in your ear for a pet and when your dog licks up your nose until you get out of bed on your WEEKEND to feed him at the butt crack of dawn.

You know you love your pets when you ....

• give up your pillow for the cat who keeps wrapping himself around your head while trying to fit his lug body onto the space you arent occupying
  • the first thing you do when you get home from work is go into "baby talk mode" to whichever pet greets you at the top of the stairs - even when a coworker is following right behind you up the steps.
  • zap a frozen dinner in the microwave while you're cooking something on the stove for the pets.
  • check the ingredients on pet food packaging while shopping, but never on food you'll be eating.
  • have to leave a friends house or party early to give the dog her insulin shot
  • consider the house clean and organized even with a huge scattering of pet toys all over the floors.

You know you love your pets when....

You have so many rabbit veggies in your refrigerator there is no room for your own.

You call into work for a "family care day" when your rabbit is under the weather.

The rabbit pen is cleaner than the rest of your house.

Like slavetoabunny: when you get a second refrigerator for the bunnies' veggies! it's just a minifridge, but still...

You know you love your cat when he sleeps on 1/2 your pillow at night and passes gas. Sigh.... that would be Oscar the Maine Coon.

You know you love your cats when their grocery bill is higher than for your human family.

You know you love your cats when you sit on the floor rather than move them off the furniture.

You know you love your bunnies when you think the holes they chew in your clothes is really art work.

You know you love your cat when he has his own waterglass on your headboard ledge; he cries for a glass of water every night before bed...
... and you actually get out of bed to get it for him!

NorthernAutumn wrote:
You know you love your cat when he has his own waterglass on your headboard ledge; he cries for a glass of water every night before bed...
... and you actually get out of bed to get it for him!
I totally do that with my cat! He is so spoiled!! He even has his own bed next to mine.

You know you love your pet when....

• You care more about their looks (fur) than your own hair!!
  • Their cage is cleaner than your own room.
  • You turn off the telly to let them sleep peacefully

I'll probably think of more later !!

You turn down *vacations* because there's no one good enough to care for them while you would be away.

:DI can so relate to most of these too! (especially sleeping on half the pillow - glad my cat doesn't have gas though:))

You've added the Pet store to your cell phone so that you can call and special order their food from anywhere. You also have about 6 vets listed in your cell phone too.

That is TOO funny! I always joke that my animals have more doctors and servicesthan we do! and they are ALL in my cell phone.

• Sheep and Goat vet
  • Dog and Cat vet
  • Bunny vet
  • Horse vet
  • Horse farrier
  • Horse chiropractor
  • Backup horse vet
  • Bunny feed petstore
  • Horse feed store
  • Sheep/Goat Feed grain mill
  • backup grain mill
  • General petstore - feed, treats, grooming for dogs and cats
  • Tractor Supply - supplies and feeds, etc.
:foreheadsmack:

You know you love your cat:

Ifyou cover them with a blanket and shut the door in order for them to get some sleep.

If they sleep with you every night then leave at 5:30 in the morning. And you don't care about waking up to let them out.

You know you love your dog:

if you sing duets with him, includinghis part because he can't speak. :biggrin2:

if you buy pet stairs for them just so they can still sleep with you when they are to old to get up on your bed.

You know you love your rabbit:

if you have a ton of nicknames for them. And even give one of their babies their nickname as a name. (here is an example if ya don't understand: One of Willow's nicknames is Button. If she were to have kits and one looked like her I would name it Button!)

BSAR LOL! I talk for my bunnies and the other animals.

We also affectionately call the horses ponies however we do not call the horses "Ponies" in front of Pokie cause it offends her.

Latest posts

Back