You know when you have too many rabbits when....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpybabies

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been done before, but over the last few weeks it has been apparent to me i have a few tell tale signs of having too many rabbits so i thought i would start this off, but please post about when you know your life is controlled by rabbits too or anything similar! So here are mine..

I know i have too many rabbits when...

1. I have to use a black bin bag to take out their veg for the day!

2. I am the only one that knows all my rabbits' names and then it does take a week to remember some! (Only when i am having a bad time and my memory isn't up to par)

3. If all of my rabbits got out at once i wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a few of them, well i would only by who that got on with and who they argued with.

4. And finally the worse bit, it costs £1500 ($3000) a year to vaccinate them all and that is with my bulk buy discount!. I wish i lived in a place without vaccines lol.

Please add yours!

You know you have too many rabbits/critters when your relaxation time is spent cleaning cages, sweeping up hay, filling up water bottles.....you get the idea :)

I wouldn't have it any other way!

1. When it takes two 50 gallon Rubbermaid tubs to clean your buns' litterboxes, and twice that to clean their cages.

2. When you have to make color-coded (blue for boys, pink for girls) name tags for your buns' cages for bunsitters (even though they're close friends) because they cannot remember everybun's names!

3. When the tack & feed place starts calling you Bunny Man or Woman, even though they mostly sell to horse people (they call Danny that when he goes there).

4. When the neighbors know you have bunnies, and they haven't even seen them.

5. When a 120lb bale of hay lasts about a month.

6. When 60lbs of food lasts about the same amount of time...and you're buying said food by the BOX, and not by the bag, like most people do.

7. When even YOU stumble on their names every now and then (that kinda runs in my family...my dad stumbles over me and my sister's names all the time...we all start with R).

8. When you have buns AND kitties, but people ask about your buns and forget to ask about the kitties.

9. When your husband doesn't even remember agreeing to this or that bun, but the bun somehow made it in the house anyway. (Hehe)

And the number ten indicator you have too many rabbits...

10. When you fill the dumpster to the brim, and sometimes even going a bit over, because you've GOT to change those litterboxes!!

maherwoman wrote:
3. When the tack & feed place starts calling you Bunny Man or Woman, even though they mostly sell to horse people (they call Danny that when he goes there).

4. When the neighbors know you have bunnies, and they haven't even seen them.

9. When your husband doesn't even remember agreeing to this or that bun, but the bun somehow made it in the house anyway. (Hehe)
lol totally agree with you there :Dour horse supplyers know me by name know where i live and dont mine doing me a tab as they know i will be back lol i even get a xmas card from them ! and yes im knowen as the rabbit lady
i know i have too many when i run out of hutches and am thinking where can i put you ! lol i have 4 empty hutches at the moment but they are getting filled very soon :p
you also know when you have too many when you weekly bunny shop costs 30 pounds !

You know you have to many animals in general when

1. You pay more for there food then you do your own our 40 a month to there 200 a month.

2. When there litter habbits cost more thn toilet paper a month.

3. when your local mom and pop store gives you a 300 dollor credit every month sence you only get paid once a month. And sometimes you run out early.

4.When you have fresh fruits and vegy and raw meat for the dogs in your freezer but you can not touch any of it.

5. When you get 1 hour at a time sleep because you have to get up and take a 2 month old puppy out or you will be washing a bed every day.

6. When your landry consist of animal thing more then your own cloths.

When you refer to your bunny as "my baby" when your children are right there too!

When you won't leave the house for more than 12 hours because no one else can take care of your babies like you want.

Your children tell you "You are obscessed with bunnies" at least one time weekly.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
**When you don't believe there is such a thing as too many rabbits!**
LOL!! I used to think this one...but that has since changed. At least for me, hehe!

I don't think Danny believes me that it's changed, though. I think he's still bracing himself for the bunnies to be so numerous that they eat him out of house and home! LOL!!

He already blushes when they call him the Bunny Guy or Bunny Dude when he goes to the feed place! LOL...

I did, however, FINALLY get him to admit that SweetPea was "his" bunny...WOOT!!

As he says behind me, after reading this, "Noo....you dreamt that...I never said it..."

*giggles*

Bo B Bunny wrote:
**When you don't believe there is such a thing as too many rabbits!**

That's my story too.... and I'm sticking to it! :biggrin2:

* When your bunnies have more space in your house than you do, due to their giant sized cages

* When you spend your last £5 on willow toys for them, rather than chocolate/some other treat for yourself, because you can't bear to see them not have enough toys

When both of the crispers in the fridge are full of veggies and you have to put more in a spare container that takes up more room in the fridge...and it looks like there is more veggies than anything

If you didn't know I had rabbits you would think I was a vegetarian with all the veggies in my refrig. The people at the wholesale produce place go out of their way to help me carry the boxes to my car.

TinysMom wrote:
When you've called your son "Tiny"...

....more than once...

Haha, Peg, I called my nephew "Magic" yesterday like three times! lol. he was "drawing & painting" a picture of a bunny that was black, and I was meaning to say his name, and then Magic's name, but kept getting them confused! My sister did it too, lol.

You know you have to many rabbits when:

1. You forget to pack extra supplies for you during a show, but you bring more than needed for your rabbits.

2. Everytime you shop, you must look at things your rabbit needs/wants, and you usually buy a few things

TinysMom wrote:
When you've called your son "Tiny"...

....more than once...

LOL...I did that with my son too. There were a few times I'd go to talk to him and I'd say "Raph...er...Kay...er...Tas...er...Stephen!", going through the list before finally recalling his name. (A sign of too many animals and/or old age. :p)

I don't have too many rabbits, but I definitely have been overrun by the critters! So for me, I know I have too many pets when I can sweep the floors and have enough hair accumulation to knit myself a catrabbimutt sweater. Either that or construct a whole 'nuther pet out of it...

Latest posts

Back