you know its sad when your kids get excited over sleet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bat42072

Reaction score
my kids have never seen snow that sticks except on your car... Its sleeting tonight and they are all excited about it... I really need to get them somewhere it snows... I think they would really enjoy it

We had really good wet snow on the 30th of Nov. It was my daughter's birthday and I picked up her friend and they went to a movie and out shopping. When I pulled up to their house, I rolled down the window to talk to her dad and he threw a snowball at me!!! :shock:

I was laughing - it surprised me at first but then I thought about it and it doesn't surprise me at all from him! He's a hoot.

we are under a winter storm advisory until 9 am... this makes the kids really excited praying for no school... the weather channel says it may stick in beaumont which is about 20 minutes from here ... they are saying it is really coming down in houston...

My ducks are stupid they are swimming in their pool..:shock:. I am fixing to go dump it out so they will go in their shed...

Aweh, How much snow did you guys get ?

We got 25cm last night. Mom decided we needed to go get groceries..

Hmph.

We couldn't find the car.. it looked like a huge hill... The little brush you buy to whipe it off you're car din't do squat... We took out the broom. We were barred in and had to call my brother to bring the shovel. But then the nice snow plow guy came and un-boxed us..

:) Come to Canada.. eat some rolled syrup on the canal. ( Maple Syrup rolled in snow ).

it is now really starting to snow hard... my hubby has the camera with him out of town darn it.... i tried to get a pic with my camera phone but they are not showing up...

Thats cool that your kids are getting to see sticking snow! It is supposed to snow here this weekend. :D

We're suppose to get a big snow storm this weekend too. It's suppose to drop real low like 20s.. eeeps.

We don't get snow in portland every year, it seems to miss a few years and then we'll get a big snow storm one year with like 2 wks of snow.

I wish I lived in SE Texas! :biggrin2: Are there any places down there that get snow in winter usually? I heard Houston can sometimes or north by Oklahoma.

Some places in Oklahoma get ice storms.

So, you guys want to go where there is snow, but people who live where there is snow want to go where there isn't any! Ugh! Come up to Wisconsin :p We have about six inches of snow on the ground right now. I've been having to sweep my porch off daily to keep it from building up really bad. I like the snow until the weather decides that it is sick of being on the "positive" side of the thermometer.

Yikes! Yeah I bow to you for dealing with wisconsin winters! Portland is about as cold as I can go I think and it's pretty moderate.. but Travis and I might have to be in Wyoming or Idaho in January/February for his work *trembles!!*... I'm a wuss about the serious cold places and I bet Wyoming near the tetons is still going to have snow then.

Some parts of Texas are just perfect.. warm/hot weather, but they still get seasons unlike California.. and then it gets chilly in the winter.

Plus lots of cowboys to drool over *wink* hehehe. But I'm afraid of the snakes they have down there! Scary!!!

there ages are 17,15, and 11 and it is the first time any of them seen snow in person.

I looked out side a few minutes ago and it stuck... They were out playing in it until 11 O clock it was only sticking to the car ... Its not alot by no means but at leas they can play in it .... It suposed to melt by 9 o clock ... I will wake them up early so they can play in it...

six inches? that's all you got? LOL

we've got over a foot of snow on the ground up here!!( did I mention I don't own a snowblower and I live on a corner?LOL)

yup...ya want snow....head to Wisconsin....we've got plenty to share!!

taken from my window the morning of the storm--
dec2008snow.jpg

dec2008snowcans.jpg

Back