You all are going to hate me....yet ANOTHER poopie question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelscross

Reaction score
I'm just trying to get acclimated to this letting my bun out of the cage thing, so please bear with me.

I have to clean Tink's cage daily because she poopies so much! Shedoesn't like bedding so it's just the plastic floor. If you couldmeasure the amount I dump every day in just poopie it would be at leasta cup. Is that normal?

I am also still concerned that she doesn't eat the cecotropes. Is she okay if she doesn't?

Thanks.

Kelscross....We keep Ellie (holland lop) in aWabbitat cageat nightor when we aren't athome. It has a wire mesh bottom with a removabletray. We put Yesterday's News litter in her pottycorner....but....she is also litter box trained and her litter box isoutside of her cage.

Maybe your bun doesn't like the bedding you are using in hercage? Sometimes Ellie sleeps in her litter box:shock: which I've read is normal (thank god!)

I only clean out the bottom tray of her cage once a week, she doesn'tgo to the bathroom much in her cage.....the litter box is cleaned everycouple of days and yes there are LOTS of poopies....they are greatfertilizer for your garden.

btw...where do you live in Ohio? I am south of Cleveland.

is your bun outside? My rabbits are outside.with wire flooring so the poop will fall through. I don'thave to worry about. My buck French Lop poops a lot, too. I wouldsuggest to probably just don't put the hay in the back and let the poopfall through. If the bun is inside then don't worry about cleaning thebottom tray for two days. I sometimes put my rabbit in the garage inthe winter. I would if to let your rabbit out of its cage to see iftheir is anything bad it can get into and if your yard is fenced inthen don't worry about a thing.

Jack and Marshmellow's mom

Also, sometimes it's hard to tell if they'reeating their cecotropes. If you see her looking as though she'scleaning between her legs, she's most likely eating cecotropes. Myrabbits sometimes just pass them, they look like a bunch of grapes.

In other words, sounds pretty normal to me! :)

Lots o' poops is fine, if they are ifnormal size and consistancy. If you're unable to see the buneating cecotropes...no problem for she is doing so. If youare finding large numbers of cecotropes lying about it may beinferred that the bun is being fed too rich a diet.

Buck

Latest posts

Back