Yogurt misshap

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosiesmommy

Reaction score
I just bought my dwarf bunny on easter.. and I made a huge mistake!! I gave her 4 yogurt drops at one time.. and found out she was only allowed ( from the package I SHOULD HAVE READ ) 2 a day. Will this kill her ?? or harm her ?? HELP PLEASE.

:shock:scaredmommy

It shouldn't harm her. I give mine treats and I have never had a problem.

Now I'm not saying to give her treats too often.

Just keep an eye on her. How old is she? If she is still really young I'd be a little more careful with the treats. Make sure she has lots of hay to munch on.

Susan:)

Thank you so much !! Honestly, I dont know that much about her.. I bought her from a man who had her and wanted her gone.. he didnt tell me much at all.

I did get pellets, and hay.. also im giving her plenty of water.:)
This is all very new to me.. but I am a forever lover of rabbits more so now than ever!! Im so glad I got her !

Yogourt really isn't good for rabbits. Rabbits cannot digest dairy products and yogourt has lots of sugar which is also not good.
While these might not be harmful in small amounts, they are not really good either. I would not give more than 1 or 2 a week. Most treat packages tell you to give more so that you run out faster and have to buy more sooner.

I would give small pieces of dried fruit (no sugar added is at all possible), fresh vegetables or try making some treats yourself.

Do some more research on rabbit diets so you know what is safe and what is not in the future.

Latest posts

Back