Yogurt Dipped Papaya Treats

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyatt101

Reaction score
Have you guys ever heard of Yogurt Dipped Papaya Treats for rabbits? are they healthy? My rabbit Cocoa went CRAZY for them, but when we ran out, we couldn't find them at Petco. But, now I think i know where to get them. However, are they healthy for rabbits? I was giving them to Cocoa long before I joined the forum so I didn't know as much :)

I've always heard that dairy is not good for rabbits since their bodies cannot properly digest it. I do know a lot of people, though, who buy those treats and their rabbits seem to do okay with it. I've never bought them since there are a bunch of other great treats that I know are okay for the bunnies to eat.

Sorry, but they're all or mostly artificial ingredients, Plain papaya cubes are good. Lots of people give craisins but Honey is happy with dried banana peel. I wash the peel before I peel the banana, cut the peel into strips, put them on plastic wrap & let them dry, turning the pieces over freqently until then.

A lot of people give craisins or raisins, or little bits of fruit. I give dried papaya bites, but nothing with dairy.
Sometimes I will give a cheerio or two, she loves them.
I do like the banana skin idea, its a good one.
Or you could get dried banana chips, apple chips. Just remember to give them in moderation. :)

Yeah, our rabbits go nuts over the plain dried papaya cubes and raisins. If we have other bits of fruit around, we'll sometimes give them that, too (grapes, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, etc.). Like LakeCondo said, many pet store treats have so many artificial ingredients. The fruits you already have at home are usually cheaper, too!

yeah, yogurt drops are bad for rabbits, it's BS that they're marketed towards them.

HRS recommends about 1 teaspoon of fruit per 2 lbs of body weight per day as a limit. mine like raisins and craisins but their favorites are definitely banana and kiwi.

what on earth are craisins!? :) Sorry, I've heard them mentioned so many times, but have no idea what they are! :p

So, most fruits are good? What would you use for treats when training the rabbits? Like, rewards? I wouldn't want to be giving them something too rich or sugary when training with them because i plan to do a lot of training!

Hyatt101 wrote:
what on earth are craisins!? :) Sorry, I've heard them mentioned so many times, but have no idea what they are! :p
They look like raisins but instead of being dried grapes (like raisins) they are dried cranberries. You can usually find them in grocery stores near the raisins. Look for the brands with the least added sugar.

oh. Hahaha i thought they were a specific type of rabbit treat. now it makes sense :)

raisins or craisins would be good for training because they're low mess/easy to keep on hand for rewarding behavior immediately and you easily cut them in half to stretch out their daily amount to last longer :) (HRS recommends a max of 1 tsp fruit per 2 lbs body weight per day)

I don't like feeding my rabbits so much sugar because I worry about digestive problems, so if you want to use a less sugary treat, you could cut a baby carrot up into little pieces to use for treats.

Latest posts

Back