Yodeling French Lop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half-Pint

Reaction score
Hi all i have sort of a weird question.....Ijust got a french lop buck in Acton ME on Saturday...well he wentthrough the night adjusting just fine except last night...when i wentto the bathroom i heard him grunting really loudly sounded likeyodeling to me and my window was closed...at first i thought it wassome wild creature but...at 6:30 Am when my roosters started crowing hewas doing the yodeling once more. So I went out there to thebarn opened the door looked at him and he stoped hisyodeling...well...i took him out of his cage checked him out hes notsick or anything either i just find this highly odd...ive had gruntersbefore but not that loud..well I went to lock the door back up andleave and he did it once more...so I dont know what his issue is buthes a bonehead...maybe someone knows whats up with him?

Half-Pint

LOL I think its kinda amusing too but I justwant to make sure he is ok kinda freaks me out sometimes and somtimesit makes me laugh. He such a love I wouldnt want nothing tohappen to him. Though tonight I could hear someone scratchingat his/her urine guards in protest to his yodeling i think it waspinter...shes loopy like him...

Half-Pint

Oh boy...id have my hands full...as is I haveRomeo who is the yodeling one..Pinter the cage scratcher, Tsume thehead butter, Ivan who snores...aint sure on that one but sounds likesnoreing to me probably its grunting but very light so it sounds like asoft snore. Also I have a black doe named Binkie that likesto wack her slinky upside her own head...ill have to get some picturesgoing soon.

Half-Pint

Yea they are characters...all of them thefools..I get to see it right up and close because I spend at least twohours in the afternoon with them everyday if i can while my sons take anap. That is my down time as well since my toddlers run meragged lol. The only thing I dont like about being a breederis having to cull out rabbits so that you can keep geting better stockalong the lines. At least I can say Pinter and Romeo and Bell and Chickand Stormy stay for good lol.

Half-Pint

Wow - I think it would be fun to have a "yodeling" rabbit.....

It sounds like you have quite a collection there!

Peg

You allshould hear it , !!!!! I have never heardanything like it before , Iwas at the Barn yesterday whenRomeo did it , itsactually kinda cute .

Shannon in all Honesty I think You willFind HE wants to be a HouseBunny !!!!!!!

Can You imagine having that Yoldingin hte house when Your tryingto sleep :laugh:

no I dont think so hewas doing it the night before and beforethe rooster sounded off in themorning lol he is something tohear I'll tell ya lol .

He just might become one at any rate lol....im seriously debating it...i do need to get a big indoor cage if i was to do that.

Shannon:p

Latest posts

Back