Yet another hay question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babybunnyhood

Reaction score
I apologize for all the stupid questions.
My rabbit always had his ample supply of timothy hay. He lived in my bedroom with me...and I happen to be extremely allergic to hay. :|
I was curious. I've seen the timothy hay cubes and wondered if they are an acceptable alternative, or just another treat.

timothyCube.jpg

It would really help my allergies. :[ But, before I did anything, I wanted to make sure.

From what I've heard, they're not bad, but they don't provide the long strands of fiber necessary for rabbit digestion. Regular hay is really the only source of this long fiber.

Have you tried other types of hay? I know some people who are very allergic to timmy hay, but have had success with brome or orchard.

I'm interested in this answer too, unless I give the hay quickly, then wash my hands right away.. then still not touch my face (all on allergy meds) I have an extreme reaction. Right now My boyfriend does hay duty. I saw orchard hay in petsmart today. I also saw timothy "plus" which had flowers and stuff in it, does anyone know about that stuff?

I'll give the other hay a shot, but really since I was little I'm allergic to all hay/straw/grass. :| It's really inconvenient. But since it's essential to muh bun's diet, I always suffered through it.

I was at a petco the other day and looking at a house rabbit that was up for adoption through a program here, an employee opened the cage to let me pet him and he was out of timmy. As soon as she brought the hay out, I began sneezing and getting watery-eyed. T__T
why, oh why can't buns have an alternative ? XD

Latest posts

Back