Yesterday's News

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim1218

Reaction score
I learned something new today. Maybe it's common knowledge out there in the wide world, but it's news to me. I use Yesterday's News, and the clerk at the pet supply store told me that the EXACT SAME LITTER costs less if you buy the"cat" litter bag. You get 20lbs of "small animal" litter for $15, and 30lbs of "cat" litter for $12. What's the deal with that?? I opened the bag when I got home, just to be absolutely certain that it was the same stuff, and it is. Guess I'll be buying the kitty litter from now on!

Haha...

I've been trying to spread this fact around to people for a while. I have always bought the cat size. It really is the exact same litter, for the same price, but you get a LOT more. It really is kind of insane, but apparently people just dont notice and are used to paying a lot for small animal supplies.

It was a good idea to make a post about this, I should have done it a while ago. Woops :p

I used Yesterday's News forever, then saw, like you, the bags for Rabbits, and it was cheaper. But, the Feline Pine is cheaper yet and safe for buns.:)

I loved Yesterday's News, I did, but man is it expensive. Feline Pine is cheaper, but I don't like how it breaks down and how I smell it more...can't rate it good or great...:p

Just to add more confusion: I wondered if it was the litter making him lose his litter habits, hubby said the pellets hurt his feetsies, oh Lord, this is pellets too, same thing. Idk...

I never ventured into the "cat" aisle to notice it. The clerk just happened to ask if I knew about the cat version of the litter. I am still dumbfounded at the price difference! I've thought about finding something cheaper but, honestly, I'm just too lazy to search the stores. Plus I really like Yesterday's News.

Latest posts

Back