yesterday's cat litter ok?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyang

Reaction score
i was at the pet store and they didn't have yesterday's news for rabbits. the guy working there said i could use yesterday's news for cats and it would be ok. i didn't buy it though cuz i wasn't sure. it was in a way bigger bag for way cheaper than the size i buy for my rabbit. he said he used to use it for his rabbits and that it was fine. is that true? i ended up just getting a generic newspaper pellet brand (which works fine too).

Yes it is the same thing. I would use it have you looked into Horse stall bedding? Even bigger and cheaper then yesterdays news.

Horse stall bedding is wood pellets used in horse stalls. It sells for about $4-8 for a 40 pound bag at a feed store. The pellets are basically compressed saw dust. It is kiln dried, so safe for rabbits.

1 bag will last a while if you are careful with it. I only use enough to cover the bottom of the litter box. I also scoop out just the soiled litter, so I don't have to dump it as often. 1 bag lasts me (with 4 rabbits), about 6-8 weeks, maybe longer.

you guys are right. the yesterday's news cat litter is the same as the bunny! i got a 30 lb bag for only 15 bucks vs. 20 lbs for 18 bucks (and that's the small critter one. the rabbit one is 10 lbs and 20 bucks!)

I use to use Yesterdays News for cats. Until I found horse pellet bedding. It is so much cheaper and works just as well with the smell. I love it. I buy a 40lb bag for about $6.00 and the Yesterday News in the cat section was a 30 lb bag for about $16.00 I think. I buy the horse pellets from a local feed store.

Latest posts

Back