yellow feet ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grassy yellow, or urine yellow?
Both my buns have permanently grass-stained feet lol :D.

As long as it's not urine, wet or smelling etc. then I don't think you need to clean them.

Jen

If it doesn't seem to be bothering her, and it really is just a little bit of staining (cos, let's face it, pure white bunny's feet are not gonna be pure white lol :p), then I would just leave it. She'll either groom it off herself if she wants, or it will fade.

They have such thick fur on their hocks (well mine certainly do lol), then it's bound to be very hard to get off.

Jen

Well, no, slightly stained feet isn't something to worry about. If she had urine-soaked feet, or covered in poops, then yes, you would have to clean her then.

But honestly, my rabbits' feet are both green constantly in the summer, because they are out on the grass for so many hours a day! :p

It's great that you are checking her over so thoroughly etc.

Jen

My baby bun also has yellowish feet. I am guessing it is because of the hay in his litter box, he likes to sit in there. The breeder I got him from said that it fades when they shed? But they aren't damp or anything. I agree with the above posts, I would say unless they are damp constantly. His feet used to be really yellow when I first got him because they put vitamins in his water bowl that turned the water yellow and he liked to play in his water! lol I can say that in 3 weeks it has faded significantly.

Latest posts

Back