Yea! We are making huge progress

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lori L

Reaction score
Thanks to Ellen from Sweet Binks, the place I adopted Toto (Sweetie Pie) from. THe proof is in the pictures

Toto_relaxing.jpg

Wow - that's a great pic! I'm very happyfor all of you - you, your son and Toto. (She's a real cutie, too...and looks so relaxed, hanging out under that chair. :))

Well for one thing I'm keeping things thesame...I didn't realize how the least little change can cause a bun tofeel insecure. For Toto especially, things need to stay thesame for a long time for her to feel that this is her lasthome. She's been from home with may buns to the MSPCA, to theSweet Binks Shelter to another home back to Sweet Binks and now tome. No wonder she doesn't feel at home.

Also, I've been taking her out of her cage nightly to cuddle withme. She is comfortable to lie like a baby on her back in myarms or snuggle on my chest, or sit with my son in his Elmo chair, niceand close to the ground. We've also been making a real effortto lie on the floor in front of her cage, with the door open and justlet her feel free to come out if she wants. Most of the timeI leave her cage door open.

Her favorite treat is banana and I hand feed it to her aswell. So I think it's a combination of things.Being her for 4 weeks and getting to know us and keeping her in hercage rather than changing it to the NIC cubes.

She was pooping and peeing outside her litterbox within her cage andEllen from Sweet Binks told me to put the hay basket right next to herlitterbox since buns like to eat and poop at the same time.It has worked, no more poop anywhere bu in her litterbox.

What can I say, I'm learning toeat, breath, think...BUN!:bunnydance:

haha good for you (and toto!)

Too much change for a new bun can be overwhelming, especially one thathas been passed around so much in her little life! Im so happy for youboth.

The hay thing does work great. I actually put the hay inside one of mylitterboxes and my boys just use the opposite side. It really doesencourage them to go in there and use the box.

Thats great that things are going well. Keep us posted!

That all sounds great, Lori.

i put hay at one end of all Nibbles' litterboxes, too - she loves it,though sometimes she sits outside the box and pull choice bits from thetop. No messes, though. ;)

Latest posts

Back