Yayz!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitWolf

Reaction score
I found a Calgary Humane WEBSITE! It looks like they had a litter there because there are about 3 of them that are 10 weels old. At first Ithought I was going to get one at the pet store, butnow I can get one there, and I dont even have to go to it to browse the animals YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY (Hyper moment)

I got Sophie from the HS. They are a great place to get a bunny.
The new facility is sooo much better than the old one. There is a place for small animals, and they even have nice cages like the cat ones (haven't seen these yet). The old palce had the small animals in the hallway due to lack of proper space.
Its a great deal too. $45 for a spayed/neutered rabbit, a vet check at your vet (free), a rabbit and knowing you are saving a life.
I love that they are basically no-kill. They do euthanize for health or behavoural problems (there have been a few cat problems that were quite serious), but they don't do it for space. Some animals are there for months waiting.
The only disadvantage (for me at least:)) is the location. Not what you would call close to me. An area of the city I rarely go.

PM me if you need anything about rabbits in calgary. I know a great place to get Oxbow and some of the better stores for things. I even know where to get supplies for NIC cages.

That's great you have the chance to find a bunny in need at the HS. I waited several months before I got my bunny, and during that time I was able to research and learn all I can about rabbits. Fate prevented me from getting a bunny from our HS, as I adopted Pebbles from a local Vet who was going to put her to sleep.

Korr_and_Sophie has great information if you have to talk to her.

September is Adopt A Shelter Rabbit Month. You get some extra stuff if you adopt during the month. I got Sophie during September, and got a free bag a hay.

Latest posts

Back