YAY!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattiemattiesrattery

Reaction score
Ok I have three boys and two girls *they ARE separated now*

Here is my cage as of last night, it wasn't finished. I now have it finished with the big squares that are not against the wall covered in mesh easy to clean hard to escape :)
*new pictures coming in the morning*

Here it is with the doors open and all that. I will have new pictures in the morning of the full cage*
My roommate's 15 year old Daughter is laying in there
003-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Ok now the most important part!!

Arty3.jpg

Arty2.jpg

Arty4.jpg

Above is Arthur aka Arty. He is a small Albino Type Lop Eared Male. I think Holland Lop as he is over a year old and is not even 4lbs. *he is three lbs 4 ounces* He previous owners said he was kinda mean, This boy is a LOVE! He cuddles with me and does the tooth purr thing and I have only had him since this afternoon! He NEEDS a cleaning though, his bum is dirty, and matted. And his nails are a lil long.

Alfie2.jpg

Alfie.jpg

Above is Alfie. He is a Dwarf type Bun Fox (tort otter) is what someone on this forum said. He is about 4-5 months old and about 4lbs. * I couldn't weigh him as he kept trying to jump off the scale >_<* If you can catch him he is a sweetie, but one loud noise and he is OFF.

AlfieBella.jpg

Belladonna licking Alfie before I separated them.

Bella2.jpg

Bella.jpg

Speaking of Belladonna there she is! She is a black Otter Female *duh hehe* Dwarf Type sister to Alfie, Mr. Binky and to Gordy. About 4-5months old. She is skin and bones and has done nothin but eat since my friend and I got her. She is the most skittish one of all. If you can catch her, she will sit with ya for like 2-3 minutes then she wants to go.

Gordy2.jpg

Gordy.jpg

This tiny wittle thing is Gordita aka Gordy *My friend thought she was a he and named him Gordy >_<* She is a Dwarf Type Chestnut. She is about 2-3months old And sister to Alfie, Mr. Binky and Belladonna, just a different litter. Gordy is about 1.5lbs. This one is a sweetie! She loves to be held and Cuddled and will sit there forever ^_^.

MrBinky3.jpg

MrBinky4.jpg

MrBinky2.jpg

I'm calling this lil Boy Mr. Binky. *Don't know why but it seems to fit for him even though I haven't seen nor heard of him doing Binkies. Hehe. He also has no weight as he is all over the place. This lil Black Otter boy is a fat and sassy lil bun.
Not very sweet but is sweeter then Belladonna. ^_^

Well these are my bunny family members. There was gonna be three mini rexes but that fell through. However I am happy to have them *Heck who am I kidding I am EXSTATIC!* and happy to have a loppy again too hehe. :inlove::pinkbouce::inlove:

It looks good and the bunners are adorable.

My only concern is that they could fall/jump form the table. I would block it off so that they only have safe ways down.
I would also use something else for the floor. Cardboard won't last long, even if they are litter trained. If you do decide to keep it, just bare in mind that it will need to be replaced sooner of later.

doors open and all that. I will have new pictures in the morning of the full cage

It is blocked I just don't have a picture of it yet.

The Cardboard is only being used until I can get to the store that has Chloroplast flooring.

ok this is a lil later then it was supposed to be >_<

I Hope all those that celebrate had a merry x-mas, and those that don't had a Happy holiday season AND all those that don't celebrate holidays at this time just had some great days ;)

NOW THEN!!

HERE is my cage. The last 9.5 grids that needed to be covered ARE covered so please don't tell me or warn me they need to be.

The Three males are all happy in their bottom portion of the cage which is 5 grids long and 4 grids wide by 2 grids high. *those that don't use grids I measured hehe it's 71 1/4 inches Long 57.5 inches Wide and 29 inches high.*

They have two shelves in there as well.
*Yes the bunnies are wet. Don't start on the whole Bathing Bunnies thing please*

004-2.jpg

Above is Artie *Arthur* showing where the first shelf is *Yes the shelf IS finished now, these pics are a couple days old.*
005-1.jpg

Mr. Binky Eating. I have the food dish behind the litter box because that helps them actually USE the litter box. AND they dun dig in the food dish.

006-1.jpg

See the food dish will a small dish of goodies?

003-2.jpg

Bigger *but blurry >_<* picture of their cage *DO NOT mention the top part and them falling, The door is open in both sections and I will cover that in a minute. mmmmmkay? Ty*

OK now the girls part. ^_^
There cage is L shaped. Just imagine a 2x5 grid cage melted into a 2x4 grid cage.
It's 29inches High *which is 2grids* and two grids wide *in 2 spots* but it is also 4grids long in one part and 5 grids in another. *Confused yet? lol*
It also has two shelves.

008-1.jpg

Here is an example of the 5 grids long x 2 grids wide. With 2 shelves seen. *the door is open I will show it closed at the end*

009.jpg

Here is the 4grids long by 2 grid wide. ^_^ *door open still* You can see the litter box and food dish in the two pictures above. No girls at the moment though because I didn't want them to fall while taking pictures*

007-1.jpg

This is their Shelf. YES it does have a cover on it, but the girls keep pulling it off so I need to fasten back up there. And they can't get out of the grids covering the top also making it so they can't jump out.

001-2.jpg

Whole cage with both doors closed.

002-2.jpg

One Door open

003-2.jpg

Both door open.

THERE ARE TOYS IN THERE JUST SO YOU KNOW! THEY ARE NOT PICTURES AS THE TOYS WERE WAITING UNTIL CHRISTMAS FOR THEM. THEY HAVE IGLOOS AND TOYS AND HAMMOCKS TO SLEEP IN AS WELL AS BUNNY BEDS. SO PLEASE DON'T MENTION THAT I SHOULD DO THESE THINGS FOR THEM. THANK YOU!

HOLY CAGE! It looks wonderful! :highfive: May I ask how you have the room for such a wonderful cage? Makes me feel like a bad bunny mom, Mac is limited to his three foot cage until space allows a bigger one! Just wondering!

dolly87 wrote:
HOLY CAGE! It looks wonderful! :highfive: May I ask how you have the room for such a wonderful cage? Makes me feel like a bad bunny mom, Mac is limited to his three foot cage until space allows a bigger one! Just wondering!
Well they are in my room which is about 12ft x 11 ft. along with my dresser *umm about 3 inches longer then the cage* My computer Table, *aka night stand* and my movie rack *Baby diaper changer station*

I always make room for my furkids. I have ratties too and since it is winter they are in kinda close quarters *I cover the cages at night to help prevent being chilly* and they normally dominate the living room and dining room.
I just rearrange to suit them and not be crowded.:biggrin2:

Wow - big cage! Yer bunnies must love that. I noticed that you have a lot of cardboard down to protect the bunny feet, excellent idea that I use too.

Please note that they following is only meant as a helpful suggestion that I figured out through trial and error-it really does look like yer buns have a wonderful living space!!! I've noticed that my buns don't get any traction on cardboard so what I did is went out and bought some carpet 'things' from home depot. I don't know what they are really called, but what they are pieces of precut carpet made for stairs, like if you had a plain of wooden stairway (like down to an unfinished basement perhaps - I dunno just guessing) and you didn't want to go thru the trouble of trying carpeting the whole stairs, you could just buy these and glue them to the wood stairs. Instead of using them for that, I put them in places where I think that my buns might need a little extra traction, like on place where they might hop or down. I just use elmers school glue and glue the things right on the cardboard. If I have to replace the cardboard, I just tear them off and reuse them (Elmers glue isn't really that strong, but works well enough for my small buns, its cheap and its pretty safe). I didn't put these "carpet stairs" everywhere, just where I thought they might need a little help. Around here they come in packs of like 10 (I think) for like 9 bucks. They are made to be glued down, so its real easy. Just a thought.

I just wish I could get me hands on some more NIC panels darn it.

Lol he isa squishy boy and just melts when you pet him!
Out of the 5 buns my three favorites are Arty *the Lop* Gordy the small girl, and Alfie the brown boy.

Mr. Binky and Belladonna are more stand offish and don't really like to get much lovin's

Latest posts

Back