YAY!!!! Need advice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldoerr

Reaction score
I FINALLY got permission from my mom to have Shiny Things spayed. It took a lot of bugging her but still I have permission. I have to pay for the surgery myself out of my savings. I do have a few questions.
1) should I have both Shiny Things and Beauty spayed at the same time? I want to bond them.
2) Has anybody used Spay Houston before or know if I should trust them? All they do is spay/neuter dogs cats and rabbits. I tried to call but they did not answer their phone (I assume they were bissy).
3) Anybody have a good reccomendation for a rabbit vet in Spring TX that is not over priced?

I'd be worried about them not answering their phone. What if you have your buns spayed and try to call and check up on them and they dont answer?

Have you tried a Google search of them? Sometimes you can see people talking about their experiences there.

Hooray, congrats on permission to get them spayed! They will live much healthier lives!

I say no to that one vet you mentioned, since they didn't answer the phone. Sounds fishy to me...

I went to the House Rabbit Society website (rabbits.org) and searched for vets in Texas. Not sure which one would be closest to you, but I'd give one of them a call. Get a quote for the price, and maybe they'd give you a price break if you take your 2 in together. You never know :)

Good luck!

Hiya Neighbor!

Dr. Taylor at Prestonwood is on Schroeder Rd off of 249. I've heard good things about them.

mzkitty wrote:
Hiya Neighbor!

Dr. Taylor at Prestonwood is on Schroeder Rd off of 249. I've heard good things about them.
I just called them. They want me to come in 2x and the cost is close to $300 per rabbit. That is out of my price range.

I'm SO glad she finally said yes! I would get them both done at the same time so you can get it over with and get on to the bonding. I don't have any vet suggestions, though, since I live 3h or so away.

I ended up finding a vet in College Station that is supposed to be good. The rabbits have an appointment tomorrow for their check up and then I can scedual their actual spay for the next week. The cost is $200 per rabbit. There is a 10% student discount as well as a first visit discount of $25 total. I think that if I remember the math that I did on it yesterday (and I did the math correct) it comes to $335 total for both rabbits.

Sounds good. Just be sure they give you meds when it's finished. And I forget what their housing situation is, but no jumping or anything else strenuous for awhile afterwards. And of course, separate.

Latest posts

Back