YAY! I got a DEAL!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I kissed it. :p I love it, haha.

It's in GREAT condition, no stains or anything. It needs to be washed because she used bleach on the pans and I'm pretty sure didn't rinse it all the way. But it was clean and didn't smell at all when we picked it up!

I'll look into ordering two more shelves, I was actually thinking of what to do with that dead space. Dunno, might add an extra shelf to the bottom, and leave the top with the dead space so I can hang their favorites... Double deckers. :D They like em oversized so that would be good.

I can't wait to unpack my machine and sew sets for it! Yayyy!

My ratties love DD's too and I make pretty large ones and there is always enough space for them, even with 2 shelves :D!

Pocket hammies are their favorite though, and they only like them from Chelsey's Cozies....haha!

Do you plan to use fleece or towels for the shelves? I currently use towels for the base and a small towel & fleece for the shelves....but I think I am going to make liners to fit the base and shelves perfectly out of flannel and batting. My rats (errr..girls!!!) like to chew up the towels to get underneath...so hopefully the padding of a batting liner will work good for them.

Funny how the girls are sooo darn messy and destructive...but yet my boys are clean little angels.

:p

Yup, DDs here, all the way! And they LOVE baskets.

Haha, my boys don't chew anything. They are too busy eating and sleeping to bother chewing. Meanwhile my girls only know HOW to chew, haha!!

And omg Chelsey's cages make me want to hurl they are so cute. They always match and are just so fun and girly! I love her stuff.

I'm actually going to have my dad build plexiglass sides for the big pans. That way I can use YN in them, because I can't handle the wet fleece smell. Blech. But on the little shelves I'm going to probably use a towel/fleece combo, fleece on top, towel on bottom. Though I might do away with the fleece and use flannel instead because it'd be easier and probably work better to absorb. Fleece just isn't cutting it any more. :( I like your idea of the flannel/batting. That would be handy and they'd probably hold up longer, too.

Agreed...fleece is definitely a fabric that gets stinkier quicker then towels (not to mention costs a lot more than towels), cotton, or flannel. It is good for the winter, though, as it is nice and comfy/warm. Now that it is spring/summer...I think a flannel on the outsides with a batting lining in the inside will work awesome for hammocks and liners....and even cotton! It should absorb nicely too...for those "marinating" rats to be kept a bit cleaner ;).

Obviously, the key to fabric bedding is changing it out before it has a chance to smell. I try to change mine out every 4 days...and by day 5 I start smelling that "yucky overdue" smell....so I try to not let it get that way.

My boys don't really smell at all. I don't know if it is because they are all neutered or just not stinky. But man...the girls reek and are soooo nasty messy. I will never have females again after my 4 girls pass away, that's for sure.

I am taking a break for a little while from my sewing "business" to focus more on my own rat's stuff....they are sleeping in shreds :rollseyes...so hopefully I will be able to bulk up on liners & hammocks. I always like having a nicely "over done" cage with fresh/non shredded stuff...but sometimes I slack!

Anyway...I can't wait to see you're decorated pictures :biggrin2:!

Latest posts

Back