YAY! I got a DEAL!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyCait

Reaction score
Woo hoo!!!!

I saw an ad for a double unit Ferret Nation cage on Craigslist. For... 100 bucks. These things cost $250 NEW. And she's only had it a month and a half! But... better... I us'd her down to... WAIT FOR IT...

$85.

I'm so excited. I hope to be able to pick it up tomorrow night. This will be for my 8 big fat rattie boys. They're going to be SO happy. Right now they live in a converted upright freezer which is actually a bit bigger than the FN, but my Izzie man is getting older and soon he won't be able to move from level to level. This will be easier for him as he ages.

Here is what this baby looks like:

11858587.jpg

:biggrin2:

I'm only sad that they won't get to live in it right away. We're moving in nine days and it makes no sense to set up the FN for nine days.

It's already put together, and I'm going to leave it that way. So they'll be able to move in at the new house. Yay! The boys get a new house too! Now they'll be able to use more hammies and they're gonna LOVE that. I'm going to love that too!

I'll get pics when we pick it up.

Only bad thing is she's had ferrets in it, and I've heard the horror stories of people getting cages from people with ferrets and then the cages REEKING of... well ferrets. But it was only a month and a half, so. I'm praying it won't be too bad.

SunnyCait wrote:
I'm only sad that they won't get to live in it right away. We're moving in nine days and it makes no sense to set up the FN for nine days.

It's already put together, and I'm going to leave it that way. So they'll be able to move in at the new house. Yay! The boys get a new house too! Now they'll be able to use more hammies and they're gonna LOVE that. I'm going to love that too!

I'll get pics when we pick it up.

Only bad thing is she's had ferrets in it, and I've heard the horror stories of people getting cages from people with ferrets and then the cages REEKING of... well ferrets. But it was only a month and a half, so. I'm praying it won't be too bad.
cool, that's so great for them. i hope it doesn't stink for you, that would be a ton of work to clean and de-smelly-tize:p

Hey that's a great cage and price too.

I'd use vinegar to clean it out. I'd be too afraid of using bleach just because it poisonous. I know you said you'd rinse it out well but if it was me i'd take no chance. JMO.

Susan :)

Yep, before the Critter Nation came out, the Ferret Nation was THE cage to have, haha! Since I have big fellas and don't plan on getting more fellas, the FN is perfect.

Here's their freezer, at around Christmas time:

IMG_6910.jpg

I always use a combination of bleach water and an industrial virucide called Prevail on new cages that come from other people, just because I don't know what it might be carrying. The girl who has it washed it herself, but I'm gonna wash it over again.

Haha! That's right! MJ will need something special now that the boys are getting a mansion. Well, in the new house, she'll get a new cage too! So it evens out. Plus she'll have my whole room as her cage, since I'll be able to rabbit proof from the beginning. She'll love that!

Donna, you have prairie dogs?! I always wondered what they were like as pets. Whenever we see them at the zoo or whatever we always watch them for hours. They're so funny!!

The FN is sooo awesome, that I wish I could live in it. I LOOOOOVE my FN for my boys. I bought a CN for the girls because of the bar spacing, but the CN is so much more cheaply made and tacky...I hate it. I wish the girl's couldn't squeeze out of the FN.

*prepare for rant!*

I am thinking about getting a Martin's RUDD for everyone, though. I am just not sure how I will like a Martin's after having a FN. BUT....the girl's can squeeze out of the FN, so I have to do something so the boys and girls can be together (all neutered). I also bought the 1 level CN with doesn't have a add-on unit...so if I wanted to go the CN route...I would have to buy a 2nd 1 level and join the cages horizontally.

I am really at a loss at what to do because I just love my FN. Also, the RUDD would really stink when I don't have 9 rats anymore. I guess I could always turn it into the R-695, but then I'd much rather just use the FN141!

Oy....cage woes :rollseyes.

Anyway...here is my FN....
3425127947_87a8acc880.jpg

....And you will have to post pictures of you're FN once you get it decorated!!

Have you seen the FN thread on the goosemoose forums? Lots of fun ideas for decorating!

JadeIcing wrote:
:)hehe knew Amy would find this thread.

I did :biggrin2:! I haven't been on here much, but saw this thread and had to chime in! I just love FN's....I wish every caged pet could live in one, lol!

See, I remember when everyone was like MARTINS MARTINS MARTINS before it was FN FN FN. :p I think I would like a Martins more, as long as it was custom with BIG doors and a flip top lid. My girls live in some weird cage that I don't know the name of, it's very similar to a Martins, but it's spacing is different and the doors are LOVELY, so wide. And I love their cage. I love having the pans for Yesterday's News. It's so much easier to deal with than fleece, which is what I use in the freezer on the boys' two levels in it.

I'm hoping for the FN I can talk my dad into building me pans so I can keep YN in there, THAT would be the ultimate for me. I'll use fleece on the shelves, but for the pans I love YN too much. It's way better than fleece for odor control (at least for me). And when I go away for 3 days (Which happens with my job, I'm away a few days at a time), I won't have to worry about coming home to a cage that reeks because no one can seem to change fleece liners. :p

And yes... I LOVE drooling over that thread on Goose, haha!! I'm excited. I get to sew them a whole bunch of stuff, too, because now there will be more room to hang stuff. Yayyyyyyy!

OH! I got it home! I'll post a picture in a bit, even though it won't be set up until we get to the new house. We're moving into the house the 28th, so they'll have it set up that day.

LOL! Are you kissing it?!:laugh:

And Charlie is adorable!
And Congrats! :biggrin2:

SEXY REXY :inlove:. He looks like my Tucker, but Tuck isn't a berkie.

How is the overall condition of the FN? Any pan stains or anything? Also...I highly suggest getting 2 extra shelves...it adds so much more floor space and makes it more entertaining for the rats, IMHO. You don't need extra ladders if you set the shelves up as how I did.

Latest posts

Back