Yay for neuturing!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
Valuran is already calming down, on many levels.He's stopped peeing everywhere, and is starting to let us pet him.Before he was marking his territory EVERYWHERE, chewing anything hecould sink his teeth into, and basically being an annoying teenager.I'm not saying he's a perfect little prince, far from it, but in thethree days it's been, we've already noticed a nice change for thebetter.

I'm hoping that in a couple of weeks he'll be where Abby is now. Shewas wild before we got her spayed, and although she didn't pee outsideof the cage, she was a handful nonetheless. Now she LOVES being pet,loves getting kisses on her nose and is a good bun bun. Chompers ofcourse is the best when it comes to attention and handling, but he isolder and more mellow.

Just happyand needed to share!

Another nice thing is that he and Chomps don'tfight as much. Ok, there were a couple of scuffles, can't expect anymiracles overnight can I? Mostly they snuggle together, so I thinkit'll be ok in the long run. Mostly it's Valuran starting it, ofcourse. Wouldn't expect anything less now, would we?

Yeah, the hardest part of the whole thing waskeeping him locked up in the spare cage. We didn't want him overdoingit and tearing stitches or anything. We kept him in there for thebetter part of two days, just in case.

heh, Gir has calmed down as well... but lastnight he sprayed Guin again :XHe is being a sweet little guynow, grooming her but he is still the stinker!

I'm just gonna have to pick up the phone and callthe vet to get Snowy done. I'm very nervous about it. I had my catspayed last week and she isn't my friend, everytime I go to her sheruns off. She just hides in the wardrobe:(. It all is for a good causethough.

I wonder why your cat is acting that way.Hopefully she'll calm down after a bit. Maybe try giving her some ofher favorite treats. Food is always a good bribe.

ok, well it's been about three weeks since Babywas spayed. She is possibly worse....is she just mad at mefor putting her through that? She always let us pet her andshe still does. We never had a peeing problem and stilldon't. She WILL NOT let us pick her up now. We useto could on occassion. And she is looking for carpet to pullup anywhere she can....I was hoping for an improvement in that area.

My rabbit was neutered one month ago. Idid notice him change a few bad habits immediately, but I have heard itonly gets better! They can carry their hormones for some timeafter the neuter and the changes might take a couple of months!

Granted, my Bo was a sweetie anyhow, but he's been so much better abouthis litterbox! I hope he will soon quit nipping to get myattention! :p

Latest posts

Back