Xpen Ideas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbaby80

Reaction score
I let my bunnies run around on in my daughters bedroom on rug, but its becoming a hassle with running around cleaning up pee spots with the enzyme cleaner lol, so I have decided to use my set of NIC panels to make an xpen for my kitchen. My kitchen has linoleum so it would be a piece of cake to sweep and clean up! Does anyone have pictures (updated) of their homemade x-pens to get an idea of what to put in them and how tall to make considering both my rabbits are in the dwarf family.

Also keep in mind if you have boxes they can jump on the box and then over the wall. I make mine three high because Houdini lived up to his name. It took many tries before we could confine him in his room. He took it as a personal challenge to scale the walls and open doors to get to run the whole house. I also ended up needing to use a D hook for the door so you need a thumb to open it.

It is humbling, but don't under estimate how smart and determined buns can be. After all, they have all day and night to work on their escape plan :)

Well if they were to get out of their xpen, my kitchen is baby fenced off lol its more or less to keep them from chewing on the wood in the house because we rent.

So two panels high should be okay? I wanna use cardboard tubes for them to play in versus jumping on something.

Bonnie I did see that thread, but none of them appealed to me. I was hoping some bunny parents had updated pictures :)

Back