xpen height for rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindseyG

Reaction score
What height do you guys buy? This is to let my new baby safely stay in my flemish giant's enclosure so they can meet through the bars and everything. I don't want her jumping out or him jumping in.

I'd go as tall as you can. My 4 1/2 month old flemmie can and has cleared 32in. 42 if you can afford it, or shorter but with a lid?

I don't have an actual x-pen, I use NIC grids. The pens I have are 2 girds high which is 28". None of my rabbits try to get out. I would not go shorter than that as I know my rabbits will get over 1 grid (14 inches) easily.
There are rabbits that can and will get over 28", so need a taller pen. X-pens tend to come in heights that go up by 6", so you get 18, 24, 30, 36, 42 and 48 inches.
Most people seem to use 36" and taller ones.

Flemish giants are big rabbits, so could reach the top of a pen if they stand up fully. This means you may need a taller pen or make a top for it.

Thanks, I think i've decided to go with the 30" with a top. I don't want to take the chance of my new baby getting hurt.

My 4.5lb bunn Zoom-zoom can clear a 30" pen easily. I got a 36" and it turns out he can clear that too. However, 36" seems to be his limit, so he's reluctant to do so. Saw him miss once (the landing wasn't pretty) and since then I have not seen him try again.

Although he still jumps up onto my kitchen counter, which is 36" high.

Latest posts

Back