x pens

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyshizzle

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering where to get a nice x pen? And do bunnies usually jump over their xpens? I remember I had a bunny who would jump over the xpen while I was sleeping of course it would wake me and I would have to put her back in the xpen because I had/have a lot of wires in my room. Where can I get one high enough so A bun wont try to jump over it or one that has a lid to it. Im thinking of adopting a bun in the summer. I really miss having bunnies. I've already started cleaning out my room in case I do get a bun so I will have room for the xpen. I have a large dog crate that I was thinking about using but then I reconsidered because it has a plastic base and I know that will probably get chewed and I dont want that.
So yes, where do I get a good xpen that will be high enough that a rabbit wont try to jump out of or has a lid to it?

I got mine at Petsmart or Petco or something. If you get a 36" high pen, most buns won't be able to jump out of it. If you need to add a cover, NIC grids work or you can just clip a sheet to the top.

I like it! I don't know that you need one 48" high - 36" should do it (and will be cheaper) unless you really have a jumper. But otherwise it looks awesome.

Yeah I dont have any bunnies right now but probably in the summer I will be adopting one. I can also buy a lid that is made for it so I will probably buy the lid just in case.

Here is the lid:
Lid

So yeah I will probably get the 36" on with a lid. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like a plan. The lid is also handy if you ever want to set it up outside - it'll keep them pretty safe if you need to leave them alone for a second or don't want to sit directly in the pen. And even a determined jumper will be kept in by the lid.

Latest posts

Back