x pen secure bottom?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladygaga

Reaction score
My cute little dutch rabbit sophie is a chewer. Carpets, furniture you name it she's chewed it. I recently bought an exercise pen on amazon just a basic super pet one and it came with a blue latex bottom to protect the floor from droppings. The problem is sophie has chewed multiple holes all over as I expected her to and I can't seem to stop her no matter what. As I'm only 18 I don't have a huge budget to work with and I was wondering what good cheaper options I have to keep my carpet from being pee and poop city without replacing very often if at all. I've been researching and office chair bottoms are the only good answer I could come up with but it seems they don't have any that are big enough. What do you guys suggest? This is my first post btw and I'm very happy with the useful info I've found already on other subjectts :*)<3

We sue the xpen outside for bunny playtime because being in a cage all day sux. Anyway, I know what your talking about. We used the bottum for out once little dog. But if you got a chewer on your hands maybe something stiff that wot flex well might work. Like that roll out tile.

I would suggest you take plywood and cover it in tile, and then see how she does with that. Make sure it's something she can't wrap her lips around (build the edge up high), or get inbetween the cracks. A flat sheet might do you better then individual squares. My chewer gets a cardboard floor, with a vinyl table cloth underneath. I suppose if she's going to do it, it better be free or cheap to replace.

I picked up a piece of laminate (formica counter top) at the hardware store. I was able to get a piece that was cracked on the edge for about $12. It's thin, so you have to be care if you stand on it. It is a bit slick, so bun sometimes has traction issues, so I have several fleece blackets down for her to bunch up and play on. The nice thing is it cleans up well.

I also was considering the white textured board you see in shower stalls. It was about $30, it would repel moisture and might have a better surface for traction.

I used indoor / outdoor carpet remnant pieces (6' x 8') run about $15 I think. Under it I threw down some painters plastic $5 to keep any moisture from getting to my floors.

Latest posts

Back