X pen or similar flooring?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallcemommy

Reaction score
I'm wanting to do a x pen or similar thing. But I have wood floors what should I put under it? For a non litter trained rabbit.

You could lay down sheet vinyl (just a piece of it not glued down or anything). Some people have luck with laying down vinyl shower curtains. I built bases for my pens with plywood and vinyl tile.

Coroplast sheet or I'm currently using the office chair mats for wood floors with my buns. I use an xpen for my buns as well.

Last edited:
I'll mention this only because I use it myself, but its definitely not for everyone. I use rubber horse stall mats. Comes in cuts of 6ft by 4ft, cool to lay on, gives the rabbits traction, fairly easy to clean and extremely durable even to chewers. The only true negative I feel is the weight, they are very heavy (near 100lb. but doesn't feel so bad). Some mention the smell of rubber, but truth be told that's only initially when you first unroll it. Once it gets the chance to air out or you wash it down first it's fine. The initial smell isn't toxic either, something I worried about having both the rabbits and cockatiels present but I studied up and all was good.

Back