x-pen is HEAVY!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtipthebun

Reaction score
So I got the Tippymonster an x pen a week or two ago. I think I'll like it, but I only have one problem....

I'm a really tiny person. I'm stronger than I look, but that's still not too strong. That thing is fluffin' heavy!

I can't set it up by myself!

Currently it's being used on its side as a gate to my door (if it's upright, my legs are too short to step over it) so I can have my door open without Tippy going and harassing the bird or the roommate.

But I'm not really sure what to do with it now. Has anyone else had this problem? I got it so it could be portable...so I could set it up when we were in the living room or I could take her to a friend's house (she LOVES car rides, but I feel silly riding around the neighborhood with her and not going anywhere). Clearly it can't be as portable as I wanted it to, and I live in a really small place, so I don't have the space to keep it set up.

Any suggestions on how to work it by myself? Or anyone just wanna laugh at me? :D

I don't have an x-pen but would never have thought they would be that heavy. maybe you need one made with a differnt gauge wire so it will be lighter.

I don't have an x pen but I know it would not have crossed my mind that one would be very heavy especially since they are made to be portable. Maybe you need one with thinner gauge wire which would make it lighter.

I've got the 36', 8 panel one (this bunny can jump 30 inches....learned that the hard way). The grates don't look like the wire is super thick, but I wonder if they do have thinner ones....

This one is pretty much undoable by myself.if I have a second person, it's a breeze, but....often I don't.

Right now it makes a pretty good gate though....

I was surprised how heavy mine is, too, but I didn't plan to move it much. I got it to the right area by dragging it across the carpet. Setting it up wasn't that hard. I just get it upright with the 8 pieces close together & then lifted them 1-2 at a time & slowly spread them out.

Back