Wrong food???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelby_jonesss

Reaction score
I recently went away on vacation for a week and my dad took care of my bunny Cheerio. I know I left enough food and hay for him- but my father insisted on buying him more supplies. I came home to an extra bag of food, but when I looked at the bag it said it was chinchilla food. My rabbit didn't eat it yet, but I was wondering if I could just feed it to him this one time? I don't want to put it to waste! But if it's bad for him of course I won't give it to him ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1404007305.542886.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1404007349.620815.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1404007387.770169.jpg

Any chance your dad has the receipt, or you could take it back unopened to where he got it. The top listed ingredients don't sound bad, but I can't see the protein or fiber %.

I would return it if you could, or even donate it to a rescue that might have use for it.

If it was a one meal sort of emergency, I'd say it was okay, but I wouldn't feed him the whole bag. If it's unopened you can probably return it. If not, some rescues or shelters accept open bags of food.

Latest posts

Back