Wow, pro athlete actually does good stuff!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturestee

Reaction score
Ok, maybe I'm overly cynical but this surprised me:

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/cnn-news/17641307/detail.html

Apparently the guy's foundation is focused on police and firefighter service dogs and youth in places where he has lived and played football. It's just seems rare to see pro athletes giving so much money away to good causes and more often we hear about jerks like Michael Vick.

Yay for there stillbeing decent people in the world!

I tend to be very cynical also. Not to take anything away from what he is doing (I think it's great), but I often wonder if their heart is really in it or if it's something suggested by their publicist.

That's great! but I have found that the Indianapolis Colts have some really strong feelings where those things are concerned.

Tony Dungy (the coach) is very religious and promotes good deeds and morales on the team. He won't tolerate drugs and such. He works with charities that help education and I think something with mental health since his son committed suicide.

Peyton Manning (QB) gives tons of money to childrens' hospitals - and has one named after him now in Indianapolis.

Jeff Saturday (C) and his wife do a lot of work with breast cancer fundraising.

and our favorite NASCAR driver, Tony Stewart, donated 40 K-9 vests to the Indiana State Police! :biggrin2:he rocks!

Back