Wow, Im on a roll!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whaleyk98

Reaction score
My blue EL doe gave birth tonight as well.This is her first litter. All blue and black. She ate a light colored one...wonder what that could have been. Shes so protective of them I could hardly clean em out. I fear for my hands life...But so excited.

Thanks Bec! The blue doe is a fierce mom...I cant even go by the cage and look at them without her going to the nestbox and sticking her head in looking at me saying "These are mine now go away!"

Theres 6 all together...I risked life and limb to check them out,lol. I believe there are 3 blues and 3 blacks...a couple of them are brokens. I will know more in another day or so. Mom is so aggitated.

Ok, so Im wondering how to go about handling the babies cause mama just isnt having it. Shes so protective, growling like a dog if I even look...stands and waits for me to make a move,lol. How do I handle a protective doe? Just leave them alone? But I want to be able to handle the babies to get them used to it...Oh if she only understood english,lol.

I tried...she wont leave the cage and I tried the treats. The nest box that I had for her is too big and its a pain to get through the door...didnt have another regular one on hand so I had to improvise. Bad mistake on my part cause now I cant just take out the nestbox to have a look. Just will have to wait a bit I guess...:foreheadsmack:

Latest posts

Back