Would this work??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:?I have some stuff to do before work. So no time to give you a real answer.

I hope someone will come along and help you out. If not I will respond first chance I get.

Sorry you had to split them up, but it does sound like it's for the best;).

I would get a bun from a shelter or rescue that is already spayed. You can call some shelters/rescues in your area and see if they would allow you to bring Finn in to meet potential friends. That way, he can pick out a bun he seems to like:D. You should have a few dates this way before taking home the new bun.

Finn may have separation issues, not necessarily "grieve", but it's hard to say. Give them both a stuffed animal to cuddle with and not feel so alone;).

Baby or rescue it could still be the same.:?As I say bonding is a guessing game with no sure outcome.

a) Finn would accept two girlfriends (being the age they are)? He may or may not I don't think age has much to do with it. It is more about personality.

b) the two girls would accept eachother because they are still babies so no hormones yet? The babies may get along just fine they are pretty young. Thing is that at such a young age they may turn hormonal and than begin to fight. With each other and with him.

c) would Finn grieve for Evie or would he be ok if i were to get him another friend straight away? He may or may not. I don't think he willl because he seems to be harrassed by her.

It's more risky with a baby because their temperaments change as time goes on. You're better off rescuing a bun whose personality suits your bunny's.Plus, in general, buns at shelters are lonely and crave for some attention. Many accept being more submissive and bond well.:)

Here was my response via pm (I thought it would be good to post here so the info was public- might help others):

Heres my take on things from what you told me- I think its good you separated them if he was being bullied. That being said, even bonded pairs will fight sometimes and one will be the dominant bunny. But if you think he was overly stressed then you should separate them.

As for getting him a friend. Im not a big fan of putting unaltered bunnies in with adults. Sure the baby will be cute and friendly when its young, but as it matures they will most likely fight. Then you have to separate them and try bonding all over again.

If you really want to try it, I would just do one. Two growing and maturing girls will likely be more stress for him and they could also fight for his attention as they mature. So I guess I would recommend either putting one in with him (and keeping a close eye on him) or else getting the two young girls and try keeping them together (and watch them as they mature). Thats if you have to have two together for space reasons. If not, I would really recommend just getting the one or two and then attempting bonding after they can be spayed. Or maybe getting a boy and a girl and then attempt to bond them to your boy and girl after they mature and are spayed/neutered.

Thats just my gut feeling since I know how difficult bonding can be. And how cute loving fun babies can turn into hormonal vicious teenagers pretty quickly :)

Latest posts

Back