Would another rabbit........?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cottontails

Reaction score
I currently have a male rabbit who is neuteredand although we don't know his exact age he is probally roughly about ayear to two years.:?He is really affectionate and lovesnothing more than a scratch on the head. At the moment he gets a tenminute run in the morning followed by a 3hr + run in the evening (in mybedroom, bathroom, hall etc.) but I am worried he is lonely! If I gothim a companion would his bond withme weaken, would he becomedominant over me, aggresive,or in general just changepersonallity and what would the best companion for him......(doe, buck,age, personality, size{same size or does it matter}:ponder:)

Thank you so much in advance for your reply!:D

I found that when Wesley and Jordi became bestfriends, Jordi didn't depend on me for cuddles any more because she hada guy around 24/7 to give her that.

That being said, seeing them cuddling and playing together has beentotally worth it! I believe she is so much happier now. When we go awayfor the weekend, I don't feel nearly as guilty because she hascompanionship.

And out of the deal, I got Wesley!!! He is my pudgy wudgy hunk and I just love him so much.
IMG_3841.jpg

Neutered males and spayed females are easiest to bond and it doesn'treally matter about the size. It's best to bond two adults becausebabies tend to get aggressive when they reach their teenage years.

Usually, you can let your bunny pick their mate. Take your bunny to theshelter and put him on a series of dates with other females and seewhich ones work best!

Depends on the individual. Mochadoesn't need me as much, but she was sooooo desperately lonely and thatwas with four hours a day of playtime/mommy time! It was sosad to see her alone.:(

Her boyfriend Loki begs constantly to be petted. Seriously.

Fey and Sprite are bonded but not as close as Mocha and Lokiare. They snuggle in the pen but don't really play or snuggletogether much when the door is open. They were separated fora few months and I think they pay as much attention to me now as theydid then.

If you're interested in bonding, bunny dates with spayed/neuteredadults are definately the way to go. This is my favorite siteon bonding:
http://www.mybunnies.com/bonding.htm

And there's more info in the Bunny 101 bonding thread:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12072&forum_id=17

yeah, it does depend so much on the bunny.

I bonded my Basil with his buddy Max (it was sort of a forcedfriendship). Even though they are bonded, Basil still begs for pets andjumps up in my bed to snuggle everynight even though Max doesnt.

I think you will find its very rewarding though. Its so nice to knowyour bun has someone else around when you cant be there all thetime.

Taking him to a shelter and letting him pick out a mate is definitely a great idea. Bonding can be very frustrating!

Best Wishes!

Latest posts

Back