Would an abrupt switch from flat parsley to cilantro be ok for a bun tum?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanza

Reaction score
I ran out of parsley this morning, and when I went to get more from the store they were all out so I got some cilantro instead.. The two seem so similar I figured it probably wouldn't cause a problem, but I don't know for sure.

What do you think buntrition experts?

They are 2 different herbs, so you should not substitute one for the other. Introduce the cilantro slowly like any other veggie. Start with a little bit today, and if they goes well you can do more tomorrow.

I do switch between flat and curly parsley depending on what looks better and my buns to fine with that.

My female loves cilantro. She prefers it over the Italian and curly parsley. Start out giving her only a small amount at first--to make sure it doesn't upset her digestive system. Good luck!

I've had my buns who eat parsley every single day react badly to cilantro. Not immediately, but several days into the cilantro substitution one started to display problems. The other two didn't seem to have issues with cilantro. They are two different herbs as someone said above. You would have to test it out little by little to see how they do.

Back