Worries about neuter!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelby_jonesss

Reaction score
My rabbits name is Cheerio and he is 10 months old. Tomorrow will be his first check up and if everything goes well then he is getting neutered as well. I'm very scared that something will happen to him and that he won't make it out of the survey. Any help/advice ? or any stories of your bunny getting neutered? ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1399488909.071234.jpg

So far ive had one neuter and a spay done on my group. They were
Completely fine.

I have three boys all neutered. It was all much easier than I expected and they recovered really quiclkly. Plus all of their bad habits disappeared :)

Are you getting him neutered right away? That seems unusual that your vet would allow that, most bunnies are neutered at around 4-5 months old.

I had my two boy bunnies neutered last year and they did fine. Our vet gave us the option of taking home some pain medication (Metacam) to use for a few days following their surgery and my husband insisted we get it. I think it helped them recover quickly and they loved the taste so they were excited to see me coming every night with the dropper.

P.S. Your bunny is soooo cute!!

thank you everyone who gave me information. :) to whiskeylollipop, he is 10 months old! and to Bville thank you so much!!

i have another question everyone! I just picked Cheerio up and the procedure went well. but they didn't give me pain medicine ? I read online that they should get some, is this true?

When we had our rabbits neutered the pain medication for home was optional. My husband insisted we get it (I guess he could relate to their pain) and so we asked for it. It was Metacam. I don't think it's essential, but if you want to make your rabbit more comfortable, you could call your vet and ask for some.

My boys never got pain meds and were eating within a couple of hours of coming home. My female, Toby was given pain meds after her spay.

Back