Worried...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abbi

Reaction score
Well, it turns out that Flopsy waspregnant. But I'm worried.. She gave birth to adead kit this afternoon. But only one kit? It wascovered in blood, and I don't know.. She just isn't herself..

From her last meeting with a male, until now, is 38 days, it I was toldsomewhere it was a max of 35, usually? I really don't know,because I have no idea about this.. Guess it'll teach me infuture to neuter my bunnies sooner.

My sister suggested taking her to the vets for a checkover tomorrow ifshe's not any perkier. I guess I'll do that, just tocheck. Although, any advice?

It's a very good idea to take her in and becertain she's not retaining any kits. Until then, just avoidstressing her out.

Pam

Yeh. I haven't handled her for abouttwo weeks now, knowing she's pregnant, and not wanting to harmher.I've just petted her, ect.. I checkon her about every 30 minutes, and haven't touched inside the cagesince my mother removed the dead kit (I don't have the stomch for it,lol). I'm going to take her in tomorrow (if not tomorrow,then it'll be Monday, bleh).

We'll see. But she'll be fine. I know it.

I think I would get her to the vet as soon as possible. Don't wait til Monday for sure.

Update!

TookFlopsy to the vets this morning, and he said he couldn'tfeel anything more, and gave her two injections. One whichwill clear anything else out, just incase something is still there, andone antibiotic, to make sure she's not infected, or doesn't getinfected. So she'll be fine!

So I'm happy now!

Abbi - Glad to hear you got her to the vet andeverything is fine! Does can develop fatal uterine infectionsfrom retained kits so I'm relieved to hear she's "all clear".

Ellie -- both birth presentations (posterior and anterior) arenormalfor rabbits. I'veseenthemget stuck in the birth canal in both positions.

Pam

Latest posts

Back