Worried about Pauly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah

Reaction score
But it seems like something is wrong with Pauly.Pauly & Mella are always up before us, but this morning Paulywas still asleep when I gave them breakfast. He rarely skips a meal,but today he still hasn't touched his breakfast of mesclun mix. I eventopped itwith some oat meal to temp his tummy. Since I havethe day off, I opened the cage early. He usually darts out and beginswork on one of his destructive projects as soon as the door opens, buttoday he stayed in his little house. He still hasn't come out. So Igave him a few pieces of my apple, which luckily he gobbled up. He'sjust lying in his house sleeping. I reach in and pet him and he juststays still, no licking, and eyes shut. Pauly doesn't even sleep withboth eyes shut.

He seems to be using the litter box, though since he & Mellashare one, it's hard to tell who did what. Am I worried unnecessarily?

Here's a picture of him right now:

Hi Sarah,

Whata sweet picture of our little pumpkin.:) Sometimes they just are having a lazy or downday. Tucker did that once to me, didn't eat breakfast orlunch when he usually is biting at the bit to get me to feedhim. Maybe he's feeling a bit under the weather.Give it a few hours and see how things go. The apple was agood thing to give because it's got a lot of juice in it. Ifthere's a way that you can figure out how you will be able to monitorhis bathroom habits, I'd do so. Even if it's letting Mellaout while Pauly stays in the cage, clean the cage so that you'll get anidea of the size of his poops and amount.

Keep us posted, but don't panic yet.

-Carolyn

Thanks for responding so quickly. You must havethe day off too. You've got to love Columbus. Isn't it great hownational holidays always seem to fall on a monday? I work for a companythat pretty much only does Government contract work, so I get thebenefit of Federal employees numerous days off. Loving it.

I'm going to do what you suggested. I'll let Mella run around and keepPaul in the cage. I'm going to keep an eye on him & if he'sstill this way in a few hours I mightcall the vet.

He does look cute in his little boxwith his little old man face. Oh I love him.

Hi Sarah,

Actually, I'm working today. Wish I had the dayoff. I keep signed into the board though and minimize thescreen alot.

Keep us posted. Pauly-Mon might just be tired and wasn't upfor getting out of bed this morning. I'll keep an eye out forthis thread though. If you have any NutriCal, it might helpto stimulate his appetite. See what the afternoonbrings. It might be nothing but pure laziness, or he's a bitunder par and will be fine by later on.

I'll say a prayer anyway though.

-Carolyn

Hi Sarah, I was wndering how you and Pauly are. Has he perked up?

Miff has been like that a few times. Because she has gorged herself on grass all night she hasn't wanted her breakfast!

Is he crunching his teeth? This could signify pain. I agree withCarolyn - try to clean everything up and keep them seperate for a whileso you know if he has done droppings and pee to know if his system isworking ok.

Let us know how he is....

mummybunnyxx

Thanks guys. Pauly came out of his house earlier& he seems to be less sleepy, but I haven't seen any poops inthe litterbox since I cleaned it earlier today. He's eaten some pelletsand some hay, which is a relief. I've never wanted to see rabbit poopso much! He hates being away from Mella, but I feel like he should stayin the cage by himself until he uses the litterbox.

So if he's eating does that mean all is well?

After I typed my last message, I went over to thecage and discovered that Pauly pooped! He was laying with his headresting on the litter box as if to say, "Happy now crazy woman?!"

Thanks for the advice.

Now I guess I better let him out.

Poop is like a Golden Nugget to me now.Yay! He ate and hepooped.

He was probably just out of sorts this morning.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back