Worried about a pregnant doe's behaviour...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snap

Reaction score
I know, I post a LOT lately. I just seem to have a lot of different problems lately!

My two Holland Lop does are most likely pregnant, and due early next week, but...I have no idea what behaviour is okay right now and I'm a little worried for one of them.

Cricket is acting like I'd expect ANY pregnant woman to act. She's quite fussy and territorial and digging a lot, I'm just trying to stay out of her way and let her be happy.

Dragonfly, however has done completely the opposite. Whereas Cricket when from laid back and cuddly to hormonal little girl, Dragonfly went from hormonal little girl to well, lazy. She's just laying around a lot and looking very upset. She doesn't care too much when I put my hand in, and when I hold her back((cautionary thing, she's bitten me twice)) she's just like "Okay, whatever I wasn't going to move anyway mommy".

Am I crazy for thinking something's wrong? Is it that one is pregnant and the other isn't, or both could be pregnant but they're just displaying it differently?

I'm so nervous right now, I can't imagine what it'll be like when I'm the one who's pregnant!

Hmn. =/

Only you can really know if this is out of line for them...

In my herd, I have a couple of does that get fussy, territorial, and won't even let me feed them while they're preggers.

I also have a couple that are complete sweethearts when bred and on litters, who are usually not as friendly when off a litter.

Can you try palpating? It's not recommended, but you should still be able to feel separate babies right now. (Personally, I can feel them from day 10 to birth, but... some people can't.)

Also, at this point, you should be able to feel a difference in the stomachs at between a pregnant and nonpregnant rabbit. I don't know for sure if it goes across all breeds, but the two I have, it does. A pregnant rabbit usually has a much tighter stomach. A not pregnant rabbit usually has a much squishier stomach.

Latest posts

Back