Worms

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
Can any one tell me anything about worms in rabbits please.
I am wondering if my big continental Giant of 11 months ma have them?
My thinking behind this is that he seems quite a lot thinner than his sister. he is 6kg and his sister is 9kg.
He is in molt at the moment so i suppose he ma look thinner than usual. He is very active and has the run of the garden every day for 6 hours daily, but then again so does his sister! Dont know what to do? Please help it you can.
Thanks Lynn

Rabbits can pick up worms when they're allowed to run around outside. You might check their poop to see if you see anything, but taking him to a vet for a fecal exam would be better.

Thank you for your advice, i havnt seen anything in his poo
everything seems to be normal. He is eating and drinking normally. Think i will weigh him again and see if there has been any more loss if so Vets sounds good.
Thank you once again Lynn

I am treating mine for worms now as they came from a dirty overcrowded pin. Worms are four in every animal and usually from mom. If they go outside at all worms are a possibility. Focal isn't too expensive just scoop some up and ask your vet to look at it. Our former from the vet cost $12. We are treating just in case because of where they came from. Probably wouldn't hurt to go ahead and treat them just get it from your vet so you know its safe.

Latest posts

Back