Worms or Giardia ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scissors

Reaction score
Just wondering because my cat just was diagnosed with Giardia..Just wondering if any one here with Rabbits ever get the feces checked for this stuff.:?.

I know diarreha is associated with these conditions..Both my rabbits stools are nice and firm and they seem healthy..but now I am on guard..

How much contact is there between your cat & rabbits?

Is this an outdoor cat?

You probably can get more information from doing a web search for giardia and for giardia pets. Giardia is an amoeba or protozoa, not a worm. The kind of worm that infects cats is, I recall from a topic about 6 months ago, a different species than the worm that affects rabbits.

People can get giardia. Is your water from a city or is it well water?

my cats and rabbits have no contact what so ever..but I do have a cat flap to a large outdoor inclosed pen for my cats to come and go as they want..but of course they dont go out in this heat or ever at night.. ( and I am thinking the giardia came from a pan of water out there)..my buns have an indoor arena for running inside the house only.. but i am wondering if you EVER hear of worms in Rabbits ? Thanks for your response! Nancee

Yes, about 6 months ago. The symptoms of worms were eating a lot but losing weight. The suspected cause was being where wild rabbit droppings were.

Latest posts

Back