World diabetes day doodle for google

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Diabetes_Doodle/

one of the girls on CWD(children with diabetes)posted about this and i know what this forum can do vote wise, so i thought i'd ask y'all to sign this for me:D. it would really help raise awareness because so many people use google:thumbup

here's that thread

thx!

:pink iris:
ETA: for those of you who don't know much about type 1, here's a bit of info from a website(this is one of the best summaries of it i've seen:))-

In the U.S., 36,000 new patients are diagnosed with type 1 diabetes each year.

Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system attacks and destroys the insulin-producing cells (the beta cells) of the pancreas. Current treatment for type 1 diabetes consists of managing blood glucose levels through diet, exercise, and injections of insulin. Insulin injections attempt to replace the natural insulin produced by the beta cells in the pancreas. This approach does not affect the underlying cause of the disease, which is the autoimmune attack on the beta cells.

:lookaround

:stikpoke

:idea

:help:help:help:help:help:help:help:help:help:help:help:help:help

:party0002::party0002::party0002:

:whistling
~A

My name has been counted on the petition. I know a few people who have diabetes, one being an elderly lady who was diagnosedsome thirty-five years ago. Her feet are starting to lose circulation and she may face amputation in a few years. Such a tragic outcome for a beautiful, wonderful person. My heart weeps for her....

myheart

myheart wrote:
My name has been counted on the petition. I know a few people who have diabetes, one being an elderly lady who was diagnosedsome thirty-five years ago. Her feet are starting to lose circulation and she may face amputation in a few years. Such a tragic outcome for a beautiful, wonderful person. My heart weeps for her....

myheart

:yahoo::bunnydance::pinkelepht:

thanks:hug1! yeah, it's so sad for the older people who've had to deal with it for so long.....:(

I'm just about ready to sign the petition.

My late uncle passed away a few years ago, and he had diabetes. His grandson (my cousin) has has diabetes since he was born. And I'm not sure if anyone else I know has diabetes or not....:?

Emily

Latest posts

Back