workin on a temporary cage :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halucinate

Reaction score
Hi again! Well to put it simple, i just wanna ask a few questions. Im making a temporary cage, till i buy my nic cubes, and make a play pen (large cage) type of thing.

I took an old tv stand. It has a glass opening, so i turned that to the wall, and broke out the back. I covered it in a gate like material (sorta like shelves, i found them laying around the house).

The tv stand is made out of wood, so.. while litter training, does the smell of pee in wood stain? or smell indefinatly. It is only temporary mind you, and its alot bigger then MOST cages from "pet stores".

I am looking into taking a girl in soon :) so they shouldnt spray to much. I will get her spayed within a few months as well. And there will be a litter box, im considering lining the woord with something else to, if you have any ideas :p

Ill update with pictures in a bit :D let me know

It will probably be a nice bunny house. Is there enough ventilation in the TV stand? You could cover the wood with a plastic so it doesn't get stained with pee. Also put some plastic on the floor so it doesn't ruin the floor or carpet.

If they pee on the wood and it isn't sealed the smell will stay and it will stay humid. We tiled our would base with your average bathroom tile. Just used construction glue and silicone. Very easy to clean. We'll be doing that from now on for all the small pets. You just need to provide something soft for their feet so a corner with straw would help. You could also use linoleum. I've noticed some people using those heavy plastic sheets that you would put under a chair. I'm not sure how convenient that would be though... :)

Good luck and share pics when you can :biggrin2:

thanks! yeah i should grab some stick on tiles, there not exspensive. its pretty solid, kind of like a indoor hutch :) im gonna throw a litter box and some stuff in it.

Latest posts

Back