Woohoo! I went to my VERY first show!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BellTowerAngoras

Reaction score
I went to my first rabbit show today! I didn't place but I still had fun :) My mom bought me a $75 French angora, he is gorgeous! I also picked up a BEW lionhead buck for $50, the lady said since I was paying $75 for the angora I could have the lionhead for $50, he was regular $65, she also threw in a pedigree making progra, free of charge :)

I'm going home tommorow, right now I'm at my moms and the bunnies are chillin out in their carriers lol, well I pickd up the wires and stuff so they could run around in seperate rooms lol

My mom also brought home a 10 month old English angora buck, he's a cutie, he can't be shown though because he only 1 testicle, the lady she bought him from said he comes from Grand champion lines, too bad he couldnt be shown lol ill post pics soon :)

Congratulations! I hope to attend my first show in a few weeks. But I won't be showing, just spectating for my first one. And the fact that I don't have a rabbit at the moment :p So, all in all, was it fun? Any tips you could possibly give me? lol

talk to people!
interact with the different breeders, talk to judges, talk to registrar's, check out the breeds available in your area and ones that are scarce.
explore and have a good time.

A rabbit with one testicle can still breed, however it should not be used for breeding as cryptorchidism is a hereditary congenital defect.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
A rabbit with one testicle can still breed, however it should not be used for breeding as cryptorchidism is a hereditary congenital defect.

Pam
Sorry can you explain cryptorchidism?

paul2641 wrote:
pamnock wrote:

Pam
Sorry can you explain cryptorchidism?
It is just a word used to describe the condition which causes only 1 (or no) testicle to descend. Unilateral cryptochidism is when one testicle does not descend through (somewhat reduced fertility). And bilateral cryptorchidism is when neither testical is descended (lower fertility).

I am really excited. I know the breeds I'm interested in so those are the areas I plan to hang around. I think I want to get one that I could possibly show, but all the registration and tracking of points confuses the heck outta me :?

But Jackie it sounds like you guys got some nice rabbits. But its too bad that the English Angora only has one testicle :sigh: Were there a lot of like, 'rabbits for sale' signs?

Glad you had fun - I am going to my first rabbit show in 10+ years this coming Saturday and I can't wait!

Denise

I just got back from Calgary, Alberta. First time I was at that show, and there was quality Flemish Giants and very niceThriantas been shown. Two Flemish Giants won two of the three shows. The breeder was selling his juniors for $100 ... so tempting. :whistling

That is always hard to do - trying not to come home with another bun... and of course I have an extra slot in my Holland Lop carry cage...

The breeder I am working with on the Checkered Giants said they are almost ready to go and he will be calling me... I can't wait!

Denise

Latest posts

Back