Woody Pet "type" litter in the UK

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saffy

Reaction score
9 Ladies Stone Circle - Derbyshire, , United King
I'mintrigued ... would love to try some woodlitter. We have it for cats here, but it is usually pinescented ... and the unscented ones, it doesnt actually statewhat wood it comes from .... anyone on the board from the UK use a woodbased litter ?

no i dont sorry but yer my cats do too they havethe scented one too!! i ill ask the shop again if they have any rabbitlitter which is wood like and i will post when i find out for you!!:)

I went into pets at home for rabbit litter butthey did'nt have any'but they said their wood based cat litter was finefor rabbits and that is pine scented.I hope it is ok i trusted theiradvice if it is wrong can some one let me know so i can remove itThanks:)

hi ya ive just got back! yer they have the woodlitter for rabbits in pampered pets its £2:90 i think im not sure itslike a cat litter but not and its should be next to all the hay andwoodshaving!!

hope that ok for you!!:D

I am also in the UK. I am interested (I couldnot spell intrigued). Could someone back home (the US of A) post ofphoto of what this stuff looks like (in the pan) and maybe what it saysin the bag (what it is made out of)? I am determined to find somethinglike it over here.

I have seen some stuff that is probably like it, but I was just afraidto buy a 50lb bag and it be bad for the rabbits. I will take a pictureof it and find out what is in it and get some on-line opinions. I thinkit was called something like Fussy Puss (wood cat litter).

Jay

onnie wrote:
Iwent into pets at home for rabbit litter but they did'nt have any'butthey said their wood based cat litter was fine for rabbits and that ispine scented.I hope it is ok i trusted their advice if it is wrong cansome one let me know so i can remove it Thanks:)
I checked around a little and wasn't able to find any dealers of wood pellet litter, comparable to Woody Pet, in the UK.

The wood pellet cat litter we have is called Feline Pine. I've heard ofpeople using it with good results, but the price is a big difference.

~Jim

Not all wood pellets are the same.

I tried some wood pellets from a fire place store....and I found thatthey were hard and didn't break down too good to absorb the moisture.

I tried some pine pellets from a hardware store...and found that thesmell of pine was very strong. Didn't think it would be safefor bunny.

If you can't find Woody Pet.....check for the wood pellets that areused for horse bedding. Here is anotherlink similar to Woody Pet........

http://www.guardianhorsebedding.com/index.htm

Rainbows! :angel:

Thanks for that'the cat litter i use for myrabbits is pets at home own make it looks the same as rabbit litter andbreaks down the same it cost £1.99 for 5litres'but i shall be lookingfor horse litter :)horse litter i am a wolly i mean'oh you know what imean :embarrassed:

I use Pampuss cat litter, made by Pettex, and itis excellent. I think it must be similar to Woody Pet, from what I'veread. They are pellets which absorb urine and it goes like sawdust, andit controls smell wonderfully. This is what it looks like dry

[align=center]
pampuss.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]The website is[/align]

[align=center]http://www.pettex.co.uk/.Go into cat products and it is there (it says 'Also suitable forRabbits' on the pack) Jan[/align]

[align=center][/align]

hi there all wanting to try woody pet

i live in newcastle and got in touch with a lady who if i remeber rightlived in the lake district who manifactured woody pet

she sent me a sample pk of woody pet

but i think its just like the pampuss that lovabun said

anyway i'll be contacting her 2morrow

i'll put on this thread her phone number and you's can always get a sample

varna xxxx

I believe that Woody pet is made out ofPine. But all the oils and scent has been removed somehow,don't know how. I'm pretty sure that's what the bagsays. I will check tomorrow and let you know forsure. I keep mine outside and it's late and dark right now orelse I would check it now for you.

Charlie

Sorry not much help at the moment.

LuvaBun, Thank you. PamPuss is the stuff. I amglad that someone else is using it and that it says also for rabbits onit. I guess I should have read the lable. It is going to be some muchcheaper than using CareFresh!

From what I have seen that looks exactly like Woody Pet.

Jay

Back