Woody Pet question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnydude

Reaction score
I switched devon from carefresh to woody petbecause he was eating carefresh. Now he's eating a little bit of hiswoody pet. The shelter mom said this was okay, but is it?

bunnydude wrote:
I switched devon from carefresh to woody pet because he waseating carefresh. Now he's eating a little bit of his woody pet. Theshelter mom said this was okay, but is it?
Not to worry. Woody Pet won't harm the bunnies. Mine did the same thingat first. Eventually they will start to dislike the way it breaks downin their mouths and they will stop. Although my buns still have anoccasional nibble or two.

Welcome to the world of Woody Pet!!!:D

JimD

Thanks a bunch!:dude:Glad I don't have to worry!

Bunnydude

I also have a question about Woody Pet. Is the small animal bedding the same formula as the horse bedding? Or is it different?

I'm pretty sure the small animal and horse formulas are the same.

Sampson occasionally eats his litter, but just a little bit.

Jen

Kelso,

They are the same. If you don't have it, get it. I just bought my firstbag today. It's onlyabout 6 bucks (no pun intended:)) for a35 lb bag

Sorry for taking so long toreply. I was looking for the thread thatBuck, JimD, and I had discussedabout Woody Pet. It is the same formulafor small animals and for horses.It's cheaper to buy the 30 lb. bag, theirlargest bag.

Here's that conversation between us guys.....

Buck Jones
11.jpg

It is biodegradeable, therefore, I would suspect it would not hurthim. WoodyPet Professional Animal Bedding's primary purposewas to be wet down, dry out, and provide soft bedding forhorses. I doubt they would produce a product potentiallydangerous to such expensive animals as horses can be, if you follow myline of thought on that matter?

Buck

Pet_Bunny
1149.jpg

In the Woody Pet website under Horse Bedding.......

WHAT HAPPENS IF MY HORSE EAT THE BEDDING?

The first thing that most horses do when they are introduced to WoodyPet Professional Animal Bedding is taste it. But because allof the tasty stuff has been removed it really tastes terrible, and itinstantly dries out their mouth. So far we have not had asingle report of a horse either continuing to eat our product, or introuble from doing so.

Rainbows! :)

JimD
875.jpg

Chippy munched down on the WoodyPet for the first couple of days. Itkind of looked like the same thing happened as with horses. She wouldstart eating it and within a few minutes you could tell that she wasnot enjoying the way it broke down in her mouth. After that she hasn'teaten any, as far as I can tell. And no apparent ill effects

Buck Jones
11.jpg

Very interesting, you two guys! Very interesting to one suchas me. Have filed away for future reference, thank you.

Buck

[align=right][/align]

bunnydude wrote:
Kelso,

They are the same. If you don't have it, get it. I just bought my firstbag today. It's onlyabout 6 bucks (no pun intended:)) for a35 lb bag
I emailed the company and they located 3 dealers in my area. I'm veryexcited about that, and I'm going to get some this week. :cool:

After 1 day, i think its great. And it appears as if devon has stopped eating it

Back