woody pet litter for small dogs?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossombunny

Reaction score
I will be picking up my new puppy this weekend,and we are thinking of litter training him, do you think woody petwould be a good litter to use? they have dog litter, but thatis pretty expensive. Has anyone ever tried litter training adog? I have heard it can be pretty succesfull if your dog ison the small size. The puppy I will be getting will be around7 lbs full grown, any comments? Tracy

Haha, you know, as I was reading this post, I wasthinking about my huge, oaf of a standard poodle trying tousea tiny litter box! But then as you mentioned thesmall dog thing, I said, "yea, why not??"

I think it would be cool if you could do it! My friends puppygoes on training pads around the house....kinda similar..

-Vanessa

I had a good friend that litter trained her Pug.She lived in an apartment on the third floor and it wasn't practical totake the dog out all the time.

She started out with paper training, thenput the paper in the bottom of a very large box that she cut the bottomout of so it looked like a big pop flat box. Line it with plasticfirst.

Gradually sprinkle litter over the papersso the dog gets used to it and it absorbs the smell and the dog getsthe idea that the litter will be part of the process.

She gradually moved up tousinga very small child's wading pool (great time of the year to get one!)as the dog got larger and could jump in and out. That eliminated thelitter getting knocked around on the carpet, and she didn't have toline with plastic any more. Also very cheap and no chance of leakage.Stock up on them, they are cheap!

I would think Woody Pet would be anexcellent choice! Much cheaper and smells better than any cat litter Iever used with my cat or bunny. :)

RaspberrySwirl

We trained our dogs to go on piddle pads. I triedwoody's, but the dogs made such a mess with it, there were bits ofwoody's all over the area. I place the piddle pad in a litter box sothat if they roll it up, the pee doesn't get on the floor.

Megan

Hey There! Sounds like a good idea to me! I wanta dog, I'm on the 20th floor of my building, but I figured I'd make thetrips up and down all the time lol.

There is a product for this I'd love to share with you if I can find a website or picture, so, stay tuned while I research :)

Latest posts

Back